1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which ICS file do I download?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rodofgod, Apr 28, 2012.

1. rodofgod

rodofgod Member

Ok, I'm currently running Revo 6 with Siyah Kernel and fancy trying ICS and noticed that O2 seem to have an ICS update kicking about. Thing is I'm confused as to which one I need. Most places I've checked tell me to connect my S2 to Kies for the update, but Kies doesn't recognise my phone. Presumably because it's rooted??

The CSC is: I9100XEUKD1. Does that mean I need the XEU version of ICS or will any do.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but it comes across as an absolute minefield to me. :thinking:

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

You are correct in saying that because you are rooted you cannot update via Kies.

If you want to try a stock, official, ICS ROM then XEU, generic, for the UK, is fine.

3. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member

if you're running checkrom6/siyah and are about to update to a stock ICS firmware, you will notice a fair difference in battery life and performance (stock ICS being poorer).

since you have CWM, make a nandroid backup and flash a custom rom which gets rid of all the guff that sammy has put into ICS. i recommend D4 rom, see here [ROM][4.0.4][AROMA][OTA Kitchen] D4 Rom v9.0 - D4 Theme Engine v4.0 [26/04/12] - xda-developers

just download the d4 zip and gapps package, put them on your internal sdcard, and flash thru CWM recovery (do a full wipe first, dalvik/cache/data).

4. rodofgod

rodofgod Member

Cheers mate. I installed AndyxRom last night, wasn't too impressed at first, especially when it automatically added every app I have to my home screens. :thinking: Once I got into it though I found it not too bad, that was until this morning though, when on a 10 mile run the music player was going mental and kept skipping tracks soon after they started. Also it used 80% battery in 90 minutes of running. Granted I was using the music player and Endomondo but 80%!! :mad: So I was just about to try Wanamlite. Might give D4 a go too.

5. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Android Enthusiast

im a big fan of ubermusic ( just because of the skins and icon lol) i flashed the beatsaudio.zip and i use skullkcandy headphones

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ubermusic&c=apps

ive used it for well over 2 months now and whilst running/cycling it has never skipped a track

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews