1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Which ICS file do I download?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rodofgod, Apr 28, 2012.

1. rodofgod

rodofgod Member
    None

Dec 10, 2011
    UK
    Ok, I'm currently running Revo 6 with Siyah Kernel and fancy trying ICS and noticed that O2 seem to have an ICS update kicking about. Thing is I'm confused as to which one I need. Most places I've checked tell me to connect my S2 to Kies for the update, but Kies doesn't recognise my phone. Presumably because it's rooted??

The CSC is: I9100XEUKD1. Does that mean I need the XEU version of ICS or will any do.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but it comes across as an absolute minefield to me. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    You are correct in saying that because you are rooted you cannot update via Kies.

If you want to try a stock, official, ICS ROM then XEU, generic, for the UK, is fine.

3. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    if you're running checkrom6/siyah and are about to update to a stock ICS firmware, you will notice a fair difference in battery life and performance (stock ICS being poorer).

since you have CWM, make a nandroid backup and flash a custom rom which gets rid of all the guff that sammy has put into ICS. i recommend D4 rom, see here [ROM][4.0.4][AROMA][OTA Kitchen] D4 Rom v9.0 - D4 Theme Engine v4.0 [26/04/12] - xda-developers

just download the d4 zip and gapps package, put them on your internal sdcard, and flash thru CWM recovery (do a full wipe first, dalvik/cache/data).

4. rodofgod

rodofgod Member
    None

Dec 10, 2011
    UK
    Cheers mate. I installed AndyxRom last night, wasn't too impressed at first, especially when it automatically added every app I have to my home screens. :thinking: Once I got into it though I found it not too bad, that was until this morning though, when on a 10 mile run the music player was going mental and kept skipping tracks soon after they started. Also it used 80% battery in 90 minutes of running. Granted I was using the music player and Endomondo but 80%!! :mad: So I was just about to try Wanamlite. Might give D4 a go too.

5. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Coventry
    im a big fan of ubermusic ( just because of the skins and icon lol) i flashed the beatsaudio.zip and i use skullkcandy headphones

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ubermusic&c=apps

ive used it for well over 2 months now and whilst running/cycling it has never skipped a track