• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which, if any, has more to gain?

I'm new to the smartphone game and have been doing some research on both the X and Incredible. I've seen and read plenty of reviews for both phones and either seems like a solid choice at this point. I know that some of you are running 2.2 one way or another, and in general know more about the OS than I do so I have the following question: Which phone has more to gain when it is upgraded to 2.2?

I realize that they both will receive the same program, but I didn't know if one would perhaps better suited because of its hardware or more powerful because of the upgrade. I hope I didn't make a fool of myself on my first post, and thanks for the help!

I'm new to the smartphone game and have been doing some research on both the X and Incredible. I've seen and read plenty of reviews for both phones and either seems like a solid choice at this point. I know that some of you are running 2.2 one way or another, and in general know more about the OS than I do so I have the following question: Which phone has more to gain when it is upgraded to 2.2?

I realize that they both will receive the same program, but I didn't know if one would perhaps better suited because of its hardware or more powerful because of the upgrade. I hope I didn't make a fool of myself on my first post, and thanks for the help!

Welcome to Android Forums! Hope to see you posting more.

And as far as your question, both phones are equally capable, but since the X has a slightly better processor, obviously it should perform better with 2.2, in theory. But both phones are so fast, and difference in speed would be nearly imperceptible.

Honestly though, just pick the phone that performs best for you with your usage and anything that comes to it after that would be a plus.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar debate with myself. Each high end Verizon android has a different set of strong Anderson weak points. You just need to play with them all, look at them all, and decide which is best for you. Personally, I think the user interface on the Droid x and 2 is super ugly now that I have seen it in person (thought it looked good in pics) the incredible is a good solid choice, but for me the fascinate is the sweet spot. Large screen without feeling/looking comically big (I'm looking at You Droid x) and a beautiful user interface (I thought it was ugly till I saw and used it in person). Sense is also a nice hi, I like it almost as much as touchwiz. All the Droid 2 has going for it is a keyboard (and a r2d2 special edition. If you're a star wars nerd like me).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones