1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

which is best wifi hotspot app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by NafeesAhmed, Jun 23, 2013.

1. NafeesAhmed

NafeesAhmed Newbie

hello guys before you tell me which wifi hotspot app is best i have a question?
    what does it really do ? as far as i know it tells you about available wifi connections but the built-in wifi already does it for you and shows you the available wifi connection then whats the point of these apps??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

WiFi hotspot is the ability to turn your phones mobile data connection into a WiFi connection for other devices to connect to.

3. NafeesAhmed

NafeesAhmed Newbie

is it free?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

No not really. You'll pay for it the same as if you use your phone's mobile internet. So if you don't have a data allowance on your contract, that bill is going to be big.

5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Basically Hotspot functionality turns your phone into a WiFi router/gateway where the Internet connection is your phone's data connection (rather than a DSL modem or cable modem like you might have in your house). Typically you turn your phone into a Hotspot so that your PC/Mac can have an Internet connection (e.g. driving down the road or at a restaurant).

Since it uses your phone's data connection, at a minimum, your phone's data usage rates apply. (But for example, if you have an unlimited data plan, then there may be no extra data charge.) Some carriers also charge a monthly Hotspot fee. Some don't. Many people avoid their carrier's monthly Hotspot fee using apps such as WiFiTether or PDANet+.