1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Which is better a Tbolt or a Rezound?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhoneManiac, May 6, 2012.

1. PhoneManiac

PhoneManiac Guest
    None
    I know the Rezound has slightly better stats. But as whole which is the better more reliable phone?

Advertisement

2. nateap87

nateap87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    California
    Rezound in every way other than it has no kick stand :(

3. snsjets

snsjets Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Rezound is brilliant and fast, however I returned mine due to terrible call quality on the phone itself. Still sluggin with the ole Bolt.

4. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member
    None

May 23, 2010
    Cincinnati OH
    The kickstand on the bolt is useless. You can't charge your phone while using it. HTC really didn't think that through at all.

5. Dobieg

Dobieg Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    I can't make any comparison to the Rezound, but I am "usually" a get-a-new-phone-every-year kinda guy, but I have been extremely happy with the Tbolt I've had since release day. A few months into a phone, I'm usually looking around for the next great phone, but I've been so content that I'm not even looking.

That said, I will be excited if the Samsung Note (Journal?) comes to VZW. I've played around w/ my friend's Note and I like it! Otherwise, I'm sticking with the Tbol until something else woos me away! :)

6. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    The Rezound. It gets reception at my house where the Thunderbolt couldn't.

7. nateap87

nateap87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    California
    Oh boohoo. The kick stand comes in handy when watching Netflix on my breaks. Also I can stand it vertically and charge it. Your point is invalid.

8. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Banking
    Milwaukee
    I've been extremely happy with my Bolt, but there's probably nothing that it does, that the Rezound doesn't do better.

Aside from the kickstand, which I love and am going to miss once my Nexus gets here tomorrow. It really is a useful little feature that gets overlooked a lot.

9. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    If I was looking for a phone and those were my two options, I'd go with the Rezound. Since I already have a T-Bolt, the Rezound isn't enough of a step up to consider upgrading.

I've had my T-Bolt since the day it was released and aside from the growing pains of being the first 4G device, it's been a good phone. I see nothing out there worth upgrading for. Now if the Galaxy Note was on Verizon, it would be another matter.

10. red66charger

red66charger Android Expert
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Television Production, Producer/Director, Editor
    Belleair Bluffs, FL
    That's funny, I've actually been considering reactivating my TBolt and dumping my Nexus. Hope you have better luck with the reception on your Nexus.

11. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Banking
    Milwaukee
    I have noticed that I don't get 4g as consistently on the Nexus compared to the Bolt. The bolt is still a nice phone, and although I like the Nexus quite a bit and won't be dumping it anytime soon, its not as much of an upgrade as I thought it would be. Granted my Bolt was about as maxed out as it was gonna get, but still a solid phone after a year+..

12. Deftone

Deftone Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    Well let me ask you this..... Are you on 4G or 3g where you use the phone most? Cause the Tbolt is the only device that has 4 radios built in. This means you can have voice and data over 3G which I know is not possible on any other device period. If you're on 4G then go with the newer device because 1. 4G get voice and data simultaneously anyways but.... 2. You're more than likely to receive the newer software updates. Tbolt updates more than likely will end with Ice Cream Sandwich.