1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which is better? Galaxy W or SE Arc S?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Yohanes Ricky, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Yohanes Ricky

Yohanes Ricky Lurker

I'm confused which phone I should pick.
    When I search in internet, I can minimize it to this 2 phones, Galaxy W and SE Arc S.
    But now I'm confused what to choose.
    I look for a phone that can last longer and can be useful for work such as write some document, etc.
    Please help me.
    Your comment is very appreciated.
    Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Yohanes Ricky likes this.
  3. Yohanes Ricky

Yohanes Ricky Lurker

Thanks for your opinion..
    :D
    Any other?

4. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

The Arc S is better in my opinion . Samsung has not announced ICS for the Galaxy W but SE will release ICS for the Arc S .
    But thats
    I suggest you go to a vendor and take a look at both of them .

5. Yohanes Ricky

Yohanes Ricky Lurker

Aside of the OS,, what else good from SE arc s??
    How about it's battery life?
    And is SE arc s lag a lot?

6. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

SE Arc S has better camera and has Timescape interface .
    From what I have seen ,Timescape is as smooth as Touchwiz if not smoother .

Aside from that it's a personal opinion .
    The internal storage 320 MB vs 1.7 GB will make a noticeable difference .

Battery life of Galaxy W will be slightly better due to smaller screen .

About lag,its a personal definition on how and what do you define a lag .
    Both are moderately powerful devices which should run Gingerbread with absolute smoothness irrespective of their UI.

You should check both the phones side by side and decide .It should clear up most of your doubts .

In any case I will wait a while for the Galaxy Ace 2 if I were to purchase a samsung now ..

7. Yohanes Ricky

Yohanes Ricky Lurker

Then where are the other 680 MB?
    The spec say it has 1 GB internal storage.

Is the battery life difference so much?

The lag i mention is that the phone react slowly when open an application or do some multitasking.

Why you choose Galaxy Ace 2?
    The CPU said just 800MHz

8. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

you see ,it says 1GB ROM , 320MB is set aside for /data which is the app space .

the other 680MB consist of the system(android),recovery,bootloader ,cache and other stuff which are important for the phone to function .

The galaxy w has 2GB ROM and 1.7 GB is user accessible .

the battery life may be slightly better . In any case smartphones need to be charged daily at the very least /.It is not a phenomenal difference ....(lets say 30 minutes or so max ..)

I felt timescape(SE) snappier than default Touchwiz(Samsung) .It has less "lag" IMO .
    However,Like I said before, on Gingerbread with 1.4Ghz processors ,both phone shouldn't lag at all .

Also Like I said ,i would rather wait for an ICS Samsung device(hopefully the Ace 2) if i were to even think of purchasing a samsung device .

9. Yohanes Ricky

Yohanes Ricky Lurker

Okay.
    Thank you so much for your information.
    :D

10. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

No problem :D .:party:

11. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Android Enthusiast

Definitely smoother. I have a Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S 4G and Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray which all have fairly similar processors (single-core 1GHz). Among those phones, Nexus S was the smoothest followed by the Xperia Ray. The Galaxy S was pretty laggy.

Unfortunately, this. Very easy to fill up the 320MB storage with apps even if you move/install a bunch of them to SD card. The minimum user-accessible storage should really be at least 1GB.

12. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Android Enthusiast

Arc S has camera issues just pointing out. I never knew before but if you go to a store and play with it, taking a photo at the full 8MP it comes out pixelated if you zoom into the picture just by even slightly. It doesn't feel like a 8MP camera. I've found from searching online that its the symptons of over compressed images. Sony Ericsson might have sneekly done this to speed up the shutter speed, IDK

Also the camera button is fiddly and hard to press due to the thinness of the phone. More style, less substance than the Galaxy W IMO

EDIT: Plus megapixels are not everything, don't believe the Sony Exmor sensor stuff until you see it in action