1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WHICH IS CLOSEST TO A SPEN, ACTIVE STYLUS OR NOT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BAYFISHER, Aug 1, 2017.

1. BAYFISHER

BAYFISHER Well-Known Member

ONE STYLUS id capacitive, the other is active digitizer pen. why i ask is to wipe ANY NOTE 8 THOUGHTS OUT OF MY HEAD, as 1100 is stupid. im not a walking atm machine or rich. i'm sick of upgrading every few months. already had 2 rounds with 2 note 7 recalls in my life, and be damned if i do it again. DOES IT MATTER ACTIVE stylus or not. i know note 8 has built in spen and screen interactions already.

jeeptrekker likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jeeptrekker

jeeptrekker Newbie

Coming from a Note 4, I also wanted the Note 8 for the S-Pen functionality but couldn't stomach the price. Instead, I got the S8 and searched for fine-point stylus options online (the widely available universal stylus tips are too fat to write with, even on a large phone screen). The result of my search for a fine-point stylus was a disappointing product, but it was the only option I could find. I described it in a previous post:

I bought a generic fine-tip stylus from China via ebay for my S8. It's functional and beautifully constructed, but inconsistent. It requires USB charging to for my screen to register the strokes, which is doable. Its swappable fine point tips are a great idea, but in practice the strokes are not always registered consistently by my S8 (i.e., a drawn straight line sometimes ends up like a dashed line). If you want to roll the dice yourself and hope for better results, search Ebay for Universal 2.0mm Active Stylus for iPad 2 Samsung Capacitive Screen Touch Pen. Here is a sample listing for the identical product I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-2...var=601095157788&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews