1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which is more secure? Tough password or tough pattern lock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jclake, Dec 22, 2011.

1. jclake

jclake Member

I know 4-digit PIN is not the most secure. Which would make your phone more secure? A tough pattern lock using all nine points, or a tough 8-digit password (mix capital letters, lowercase letters, keyboard characters)?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member

By far, a tough PIN, using alphanumeric characters if possible.

Also, if you care about security, make sure to wipe *ALL* fingerprints off the screen whenever you turn the screen off (even if it's going straight into your pocket). It's pretty easy to see where your fingerprints are otherwise, and possibly guess your PIN.

3. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast

Wipe is insecure because you can see the wipe mark. However a good pattern that involves backtracking can be pretty secure.

Personally I like the convenience of nothing and never leave my phone.

4. Aabye

Aabye Well-Known Member

Password all the way. Both patterns and pins have somewhat limited variables compared to a password. Though it would still take someone quite a while to break either.

5. WishinItWas

WishinItWas Well-Known Member

Im proud of my pattern unlock, I have had friends tell me they could figure it out and I have showed them while I unlock it and they still cant get it. If you make it tricky enough without being to linear it is difficult even if you see someone unlock it or see finger swipes on screen. But ultimately nothing beats a multi character password

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews