• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which is the latest Android version best for your smartphone?

Among other things, fitness bracelets (and possibly smart watches, though I'm not 100% sure about that) work via BLE. After upgrading to Pie, my bracelet cannot connect anymore unless I keep the location services permanently active. I don't mean merely giving the app location permission. I mean actually turning on the location services. With them off, the bracelet is invisible to the phone. Why? No idea.
And to make matters worse, I cannot use the battery saving option, because it's gone. So I need to have the GPS permanently on, otherwise the bracelet will disconnect after some time.
Headphones and speakers are proper bluetooth devices and work via a proper bluetooth connection, not via BLE. That's why they still work without location (at least for the time being - who knows if they'll still do in the next Android version).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones