• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which is your favorite Screenshot App for Android?

Sorry if someone's already mentioned this, or if it's not applicable to many phones... but my stock Samsung GSII Skyrocket allows me to take screenshots by holding down the Home button and pushing the power button. You have to be pretty quick, but I haven't had any issues with it yet.
I was about to post this as well. My Galaxy SIIX does the same, stock, not rooted and all I do is press home and power and screenshot is saved to \sdcard\screenshots that is already created.

Upvote 0
Sorry if someone's already mentioned this, or if it's not applicable to many phones... but my stock Samsung GSII Skyrocket allows me to take screenshots by holding down the Home button and pushing the power button. You have to be pretty quick, but I haven't had any issues with it yet.

I have an HTC Desire S and your tip worked for me,too!I had no idea!Thanks a million!!!!!! :-D

Upvote 0
Shootme does not work anymore for latest GB version ROMs. I use ScreenshotERDemo and love it. Has an icon on the notification bar to take screenshots or also shake to shoot and gives a preview after the pic is taken, really nice. You need a rooted phone and free version only has a six sec countdown for the click to shoot, pay version can be adjusted.

Upvote 0
I have an HTC Desire S and your tip worked for me,too!I had no idea!Thanks a million!!!!!! :-D

I also have a HTC Desire S but don't get it working. Maybe I get the buttons wrong. The "power button" is on the top right-hand side that you can physically push in and the "home button" is the left button on the display that looks like a house (= home). So what am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
I've been looking for a free screenshot app on my non-rooted tablet... none of the screenshot apps mentioned are free (for me since I do not have access to Android Market/Google Play). I checked the amazon Market and 1Mobile and nothing free available (with decent reviews).

Screenshotit and shootme are there but they are paid apps. Oh well guess no freebie screenshooting for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones