1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which kernal/ROM combination has the best music quality?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lankunit, Sep 3, 2011.

1. lankunit

lankunit Member

I was just wondering which combination of kernal and rom would produce the best audio quality? From stock kernal and KE7 the quality was awful... No matter what headphone/earphone I used it will be very quiet and unclear. Now on villain rom and niphetamine 2.1.3 it is louder and slightly clearer but still not as good as I would expect compared to my old Nokia N96 in terms of clearness and loudness. I have heard that different combinations of kernal and rom produce better music quality so which kernal and rom would be the best?

I understand that the phone has a yamaha DAC which can't be compared to wolfson but surely I think the capabilities of the phone should be greater than this in terms of music play back...

Advertisement

2. zzzorg

zzzorg Lurker

If your music quality is really bad you might have something physically wrong with your phone. I have not noticed music volume problems like the ones you describe on my Galaxy S2. Are you sure the phone doesn't have a problem?

3. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

My old LGO2x had a wolferson chip but the audio quality was super cr*p:mad: when compared to the Sammys Yamaha. Looks like a hardware issue.
    :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews