1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Which micro Sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ringhale, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Michigan

Advertisement

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    To be honest, you won't really notice a performance difference, so just get a quality one that is as big as you can afford... I have tried several microSD cards from a 64GB Sandisk UHS-1 to an old 8GB Generic Class4 card and several in between and the benchmarks are within just a few percentage points of each other... I don't know why for sure, my guess is the limitation is coming in because it is still using a FAT32 file system and not EXT4 or something else... Sign up for DayDeal and BestBuy Deal of the Day and every few weeks or so a 64GB UHS-1 microSD card comes up for around $49!

3. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Houston
    I've been using a 32GB Class 4 San Disc that I bought for my T-Bolt. Works just fine and they are relatively cheep these days.

But I would go for 64 if I could get under $50.

FWIW
    DLM

4. Dmark44

Dmark44 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I just got the 2nd card you listed (Sandisk Ultra 32gb Class 10) last week and it works great on the Rezound!

I used a SanDisk flash card reader to transfer files from my old card to the new card. That's where the extra speed came in handy.

I would buy at least a Class 4 card. But I like buying the highest speed I can without paying too much more. Like others said, there won't be much performance benefit when installed in the phone. But I like having the faster card for two reasons:

-For when I do backups/data transfers

-If one day I don't need it for my phone, it'll be a great spare card for my camera.

5. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    It is a budget thing... generally buy capacity over speed, unless budget is not an issue, then buy the biggest, fastest freakin' thing you can find!

Tags: