1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which Moto phone would you upgrade to?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DealerMan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. DealerMan

DealerMan Well-Known Member

I have a G6 which I bought used. It's been a great phone, but I'm wondering what others here may be contemplating for an upgrade. I'm not worried about rooting/etc., as long as everything works without exhibiting strange behavior. I'd like to stick with Moto, since their price/performance ratio is good for me (used is fine as well). Thanks for any recommendations.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DealerMan

Thanks Danny. It looks like a reasonable path, the screen is just a bit bigger also. Hopefully it's just as reliable.

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I've been using Motorola G7 for a few months now and nothing but praise. Runs like a charm and long battery life between charges

DealerMan, Deleted User and svim like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Moto G8 Plus (better cameras, out longer though) vs Moto G8 Power (5000 mah, no NFC) or Motorola One Hyper. Some are renamed (G Power? ) or may not be available in some markets outside UK.

Nokia have some good current and upcoming models. I went from two Moto's to a Nokia 7 Plus which has been awesome for me, but I may have to replace it after a few cloth with hot water wipes caused some charging glitches!
    Nokia 8.3 5G will be good high end value in the summer, again market dependent I guess, and the 5.3 will be a decent mid ranger dependent on price.

#5 Deleted User, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2020
    Dannydet likes this.
  5. DealerMan

I'll sure look at what the G8 has to offer. If used pricing isn't a big difference between it and the G7, I'll look at both in depth.
    Many thanks for the info!

Deleted User likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Just to clarify a murky situation: here in the UK and some other markets, the Moto G8 Plus came out first, though Motorola seem to be also moving to Motorola One models (Hyper, Zoom - with OLED, Action, Macro and Vision!),

but the Moto G8 Power with the extra size battery and newer style pin hole selfie is now on sale at £20 less than the Plus, - the One Hyper £30 more ....

However there is now a Motorola G8 (just G8) not yet priced but on the UK site, with the same SD665 but not a FHD+ display.

I see you're in Texas and I cannot bring up the US site. I just remember a reviewer here saying the naming structure and availability on some models will be different.

DealerMan likes this.
  7. DealerMan

Like my Dad used to say: It's better to have it, and not need it, than need it, and not have it. Luckily, I don't live on my phone, so battery life is not quite as important for me as it would be for others. The one thing about batteries themselves is finding a phone that has a removable one. But then again, that's not high on my list either.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I agree. 5000 mah batteries are handy but not necessary for most people's daily use.

The G8 Plus has a 4000 mah battery, which is more than good enough imv. My Nokia 7 Plus has a 3800 mah and battery life is stellar with the now ancient but great performing Qualcomm SD660. The SD665 should be more efficient still but that may depend on a lot of things. I'm not going back to my previous 3000 mah battery size unless I have to, but I would expect better efficiency anyway, especially if I had to get a cheaper model with a 720p display.

Moto G(6) Forum

The Moto G(6) release date was April 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 450 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2018
Release Date
Reviews