• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Navigation do you use?

I haven't opened VZ Navigator yet but I've always used the Google Navigation app on my Droid1. Now I see Verizon has included their navigator app.. why?

Which do you guys prefer and why?

Unless something has changed VZ Navigator is a paid service. Google Map's, on the other hand, is free and is compatible with most internet-accessible Android devices.

Upvote 0
Because Verizon wants more of your money!

VZ Navigator costs $9.99 per month plus data usage. It comes free with the $10 75Mb data plan, but at 2 to 5Mb per minute quoted on Verizon website, you'd hit your cap on a 15 minute trip around town!

From Verizon website:
VZ Navigator

VZ Navigator provides all the features of an advanced navigation system on your mobile phone at a fraction of the price of other Global Positioning Services (GPS) devices and systems. VZ Navigator provides: heads-up, voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions (with auto-rerouting if you miss a turn); local search of nearly fourteen million points of interest (POIs) in the U.S.A.; and detailed color maps that can be quickly panned and zoomed. With VZ Navigator you will know where you are, know what

Upvote 0
Reactions: SmokeNMirrors
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones