1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Which new 4G/LTE phone looks the best?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by headbanger51, Jan 7, 2011.

?

Which phone looks the most promising?

1. Samsung 4G/LTE

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. LG Revolution

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. HTC Thunderbolt

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. DROID Bionic

27 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. I'm sticking with what I've got until later in 2011

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2010
    I've been rereading this thread and I'm not quite sure where you stand on locked/encrypted bootloaders, shadowdude777. Perhaps you should be more direct and to the point from now on with regard to issues you consider important.
    ;-)

It's gonna take me awhile before I figure out which phone I'm going with next. Too many major flaws in all the upcoming phones. The D1 was as close to a grand slam IMHO as I think we might ever see.

Advertisement

2. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2010
    By the way, here is a good article over at Droid Life. It's so dang close between the Bionic and Thunderbolt. I think on here someone mentioned that the Bionic's RAM is of the faster variety (sorry...I'm not savvy enough to remember the terminology) which makes up for the fact that it's only 512. Not that the Thunderbolt will be slow without a dual core processor.

3. stevo91894

stevo91894 Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    to me i would not get any of the new phones. theres no point considerin once you do buy it theres going to be something better out in 3 months. yeaa u can go buy the new bionic or revolution or thunderbolt but in each one we can disagree on something. thunderbolt is similiar to the evo but i bet it has some bangin speakers. the bionic which has a bootloader on it. since when do they do that? i dont see what the point of the new proccesor is for if there going to do tht. they are good phones dont get me wrong but we are so wrapped up in the best that even these phones wont do us any good. DROID 1 IS THE BEST PHONE OUT THERE still an its been a year an like 3 or 4 months. it can compete with the droid 2s an droid x's when its rooted an still beat them. it was the first fone android evr achieved anything with it made a solid foundation for them . there is no such thing as a dream phone. too be honest my perfect dream fone would be something that has a decent screen size like 3.5 or 4 inch display. 1080p capability . the screen doesnt have to b huge i dont see the need for it . the bigger the screen the more the battery an the harder to hide it an hold it. the 4 android buttons tht light up a sleek display but not to plain a front camera and rear camera around 8mp . i would like a PYHSICAL KEYBOARD. i dont understand y they are getttin rid of them i love the keyboard idk i could never get jus another touch screen one end of story make another droid 1 with all the new features of the new fones

4. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    I was very interested in these devices at first but now I care for none of them. I am interested to see what Sprint will come out with in February though. I'm hoping that it'll be a Tegra 2 Evo 2, that and a 4.5 to 4.8" screen would be all I need. I'm really only interested in what LG or HTC will ring out, specifically for Sprint.

5. danalingga

danalingga Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Bloggers, Telecommunication Engineer
    I am not very sure yet but I choose HTC Thundebolt since I always love HTC's Android cell phones.

6. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    I for one would like to see some "out of the box" designs and feature sets...but there's little point in always waiting for the next best phone. You will simply keep waiting for the next rumored device coming in 2 or 3 months.

And as a previous Droid 1 owner and fan of the device...it cannot out perform many of the newest phones. I'm currently rockin the fascinate with Android 2.1 and while the benchmarks may indicate the D1 is faster, don't put too much stock in those benchmarks. The D1 is very much outperformed in real usage.

My point is just to illustrate that the hardware advancements between 2009 and 2010 were significant. While there may not be a single perfect device...there will be many excellent devices coming soon that will serve us all very well in 2011 :)