1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Which Note 8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YamR1, Oct 3, 2018.

1. YamR1

YamR1 Member
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    Hey Guys, looking to get a new note 8 to use on verizon. Found a couple online and was wondering what the difference in the two are. This is what I get on verizon site when I enter imei number Samsung NOTE 8-VZW or Samsung SM-N950U1. Can anybody tell me the difference and if one would be better suited than the other? Thanks!

Advertisement

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    If you're going to be buying your Note 8 from Verizon it's going to be assuredly compatible with Verizon's cellular network so it's not a matter of buying one or the other. Of those 'two different models' you listed, the first is just a vague identifier to Verizon but not valid as a product I.D. while the second is a reference to the actual Samsung model - SM-N950xxxxx

For an extensive list of Note 8 variations:
    https://www.techwalls.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8-sm-n950-model-number-differences/

3. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Nov 12, 2009
    Female
    Banker
    Helena, Alabama
    Just a thought but why are you buying specifically from Verizon? Have you considered buying an unlocked, carrier free version? It will also be compatible with Verizon. I know as I did that when the Note8 was released. I was with Verizon at he time and my S7 sim card popped into my new Note8 and I was in business with no Verizon bloat. Then I switched carriers and no problems again.
    Something to consider?

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!