• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

which phone is better?

The Note 2 is better. Without a doubt. More features, better battery, louder call and speaker volume, super amoled + non pentile screen, multi window, s-pen.

The only advantage to using the Siii is that it's easier to manage with one hand and easier to put in the pocket.

I thought I would have issue with the size, however now that I have it, I can't imagine using a smaller phone. Dwarfs my old (and wife's current) Siii's. I did love my S3, but the Note 2 is the Siii on steroids.

Upvote 0
I had the S3 and loved it. My 14 day return period ended the day the N2 became available. Since the N2 kept calling to me, I finally just swapped it out. The main draw for me was the brighter screen. I am very glad I switched. The has so many cool features I didn't even know I wanted.

Upvote 0
I played with the DNA, Note 2 and the iPhione 5 at the Verizon store (they know me well there, as I spend a lot of time messing with my most likely candidates for my next upgrade.. and no, I had serious doubts about the iPhone right from the beginning ;)).

Anyway, the N2 won and it won big time. I went home and made the purchase online because of an offered discount; got it yesterday and was astounded at the end of the day with over 60% battery life remaining despite my nearly constant configuring and internet browsing, texting and a few phone calls.

Incidentally (side subject), some of you may not know about the clever sub-forum over in the Android Lounge which is for phone and even carrier comparison discussion: Device/Carrier Comparisons - Android Forums

Lots more hashed out there.. once in a while threads like this one are moved there for more participation from curious users. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones