1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which phone? New to Andriod

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by shiggins92, Nov 8, 2014.

1. shiggins92

shiggins92 Lurker

Hello,

I am currently using an Iphone 4S. I have always used IOS and I have always trusted them but I am now wanting a change. My 4S has been a great phone and I have ran the contract through and then went on to a sim only deal. The problem now is I feel my phone is on its last legs.

I was looking at the Nexus 6 but I didnt realise how big it was until I compared it to my 4s. I dont mind a bigger phone but not something that could be mistaken as a tablet.

I have also been looking at the Moto X 2014 as the reviews seem brilliant. My only problem with it is that it doesnt seem much better or any better than the M8 which is now 6 months old or whatever which is a long time in technology.

Has anyone got any recommendations of some new phones coming out soon? I would ideally love good battery lives 3000mah+ a nice screen and a good processor. Im not that bothered about the camera. I also dont want it as big as the Nexus 6.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums and Android! :)

I guess I can't help much - I'm still digging my M8 and wouldn't trade it for anything lol!

But - that's neither here nor there. I wanted to ask which carrier you're on, as some models are available on almost all, and some are carrier specific. That info will help others with their opinions. ;) :)

shiggins92 likes this.
  3. shiggins92

shiggins92 Lurker

Just to add I am from the UK on the network EE.

I just looked at the Motorola Droid Turbo which looks perfect but unfortunately it isnt available in the UK :(

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

That's one of the ones I was thinking about when you mentioned the battery.

OK - I can not guarantee this or give a time line (I'll try to check) - but I seem to recall reading this week that may be released outside the US under a different name. They've certainly done that in the past, and with the obvious appeal, I'm fairly sure that I didn't dream that up lol.

Hopefully someone with a link will get here first to clarify...

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

They announced an international version (Motorola Maxx) in Brazil this week. So far availability only announced in a couple of South American countries, but presumably it will become more widely available.

6. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Sony Xperia Z3 (or the Compact if you'd prefer a 4.6" display vs 5.2"):

Two days normal use from the 2600mAh battery, even longer with Stamina Mode enabled.
    720p IPS display using the same Triluminos/X-Reality tech as their Bravia televisions.
    Quad-core Snapdragon 801 clocked at 2.5GHz.

EarlyMon likes this.