1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which phone to buy after Nexus 4?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Colmss, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Hi!

I hope this is the right sub-forum. If not please just move me...

Unfortunately, my Nexus 4 died a couple of days ago and now I need a new phone. Actually, I was really happy with my Nexus 4. Set aside the Android 5.0 update, it was always very good to me.

Now I am thinking about which phone to buy next. The only thing that could be better is the camera. Maybe the GPS, too. What I definitely don't want is a lot of bloatware. Vanilla Android would be great!

The obvious choice would be the Nexus 5 but, well, it's more than a year old. The Nexus 6 is too large and too expensive for my taste! Any recommendations?

Thank you!

PS: My price category is Nexus 5ish (I'm not in the US so I guess that's a good benchmark).

Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Moved to the Device/Carrier comparisons area. :)

What about something like the Motorola X? It's basically Vanilla Android, relatively cheap and widely regarded as one of the best phones released within the last year.

#2 El Presidente, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    funkylogik and codesplice like this.
  3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Price wise the OnePlus One meets what you're looking for.

$299 - $349, works with GSM carriers, has a custom version of Android but no carrier bloat, 5.5 inch screen (half inch smaller then Nexus 6, not sure if that's still too big for you).

funkylogik and El Presidente like this.
  4. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Hi guys, thanks for your recommendations! I did some comparison between my candidates and interestingly found the Galaxy S 5 to meet them best. I know... it's a bloatware nightmare but I think I can handle that. Besides this, it meets my requirements!

El Presidente likes this.