1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Which phone to get? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by itpromike, Nov 23, 2010.

1. itpromike

itpromike Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington DC
    Ok I've tried many Android phones and have owned 5 so far, all of which have left me wanting. I want to give this another go and there are even two I wouldn't mind trying again because I can put Cyanogen on them.

The three I'm thinking about trying are the N1, Incredible, or wait for the Nexus S. I really want a vanilla Android experience I just find all the third party UI's just awful, even Sense UI. I got both the N1 and Incredible when they came out so there hadn't been enough development with them to and I was pretty disappointed pretty quickly at the default experiences. Anyhow now that there is gingerbread coming I'm ready to give Android another try. Any suggestions?

I know that the N1 will probably get gingerbread before any other phone and until that happens I can use Cyanogen which I've heard greatly increases the experience. The incredible has Cyanogen as well but who knows when that will get Gingerbread so I guess the two I'm really thinking about is getting the N1 or the NS whenever it comes out. I want a REALLY fast vanilla Android experience... Thoughts?

Advertisement