• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which phone to root/rom

stanan

Feb 17, 2013
After reading (but not always understanding) about root and flashing roms, I have decided to use one of my inactive phones to give it a try. My inactive phones are LG Optimus V and Kyocera Rise. I would like to find a rom at least comparable to 4.1.2, if not more current.

Which phone would be the best for this experiment? Advice on roms and a location for instructions would also be appreciated. After I narrow this endeavor down to which phone, I am sure I will have more questions for it's root forum.

Thank you for your help.

After reading (but not always understanding) about root and flashing roms, I have decided to use one of my inactive phones to give it a try. My inactive phones are LG Optimus V and Kyocera Rise. I would like to find a rom at least comparable to 4.1.2, if not more current.

Which phone would be the best for this experiment? Advice on roms and a location for instructions would also be appreciated. After I narrow this endeavor down to which phone, I am sure I will have more questions for it's root forum.

Thank you for your help.

If you decide to flash anything on the v make sure you check your screen version is correct for the rom. The optimus v has a couple different versions.

Reactions: stanan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones