1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Which phone Z or HTC butterfly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skelms, Jan 25, 2013.

1. skelms

skelms Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Male
    Japan
    So I am planning on getting a new phone this spring or summer. The sony Xperia Z has caught my eye, but I am also thinking of an HTC phone with similar specs HTC Butterfly Overview - HTC Smartphones

One thing I am curious about is rooting, I am not 100% sure if I will root my phone or not, but I always like having the option.
    I know HTC phones in general are root friendly, but what about sony phones?

The one thing I like about the Xperia Z is the fact that it is supposed to be waterproof! All the other specs seem to be about the same.

I do live in Japan which is where that HTC phone is available.

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    If it's a toss up between two phones that have a similar spec and price but where one of them is waterproof, I'd take the waterproof one every time.

Personally, I don't understand how phone manufacturers have gotten away with producing ANY phones that aren't waterproof. These things are supposed to be used outside, for crying out loud!

3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    To speak of smart phones, my phones was all HTC and my actual One X has a wonderful design and my next phone would have been the HTC Butterfly (M7) ... but I think my next phone will be this Sony Xperia Z because of this waterproof feature :)

Harry

4. skelms

skelms Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Male
    Japan
    Thanks for the input. We'll see what is available in the spring but right now I'm thinking sony, but I did see a pretty nice arrows phone (fujitsu) with a 1.7 quad core chip coming out about the same time

5. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    How is Sony with updates to their phones? Timely or does it take them forever?