• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which phone Z or HTC butterfly?

skelms

Aug 23, 2012
Japan
So I am planning on getting a new phone this spring or summer. The sony Xperia Z has caught my eye, but I am also thinking of an HTC phone with similar specs HTC Butterfly Overview - HTC Smartphones

One thing I am curious about is rooting, I am not 100% sure if I will root my phone or not, but I always like having the option.
I know HTC phones in general are root friendly, but what about sony phones?

The one thing I like about the Xperia Z is the fact that it is supposed to be waterproof! All the other specs seem to be about the same.

I do live in Japan which is where that HTC phone is available.

If it's a toss up between two phones that have a similar spec and price but where one of them is waterproof, I'd take the waterproof one every time.

Personally, I don't understand how phone manufacturers have gotten away with producing ANY phones that aren't waterproof. These things are supposed to be used outside, for crying out loud!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones