1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Which phone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SamuraiBigEd, Nov 8, 2009.

1. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    OK, I have had it with WinMo! For everything it has going for it there are more things wrong with it. I use the phone for my business, so outlook, word & excel are important, and you can't beat WinMo for that; I am, however, getting tired of the constant lock-ups and glitches and I don't want to leave Sprint (at least not yet, they are pushing it though), so it looks like a Hero or Moment are in my future. Or should I wait for the next generation of devices that are supposed to hit in 1st or 2nd quarter 2010?

I like flashy interfaces, but I am technically savvy, so a stripped down Android would be no problem for me, I could install whatever interface I want as they come available. My real question is this: Which set of problems do I want to face, and can I do without a slider since my fingers are huge ( I am 6'5").

I know I will get as many differing opinions as there are people that answer, so I am just looking for a little guidance or a gentle nudge one way or the other.

Advertisement

2. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Writer.
    East Coast
    Go to a Sprint store and check both of them out.
    Stereotyping and based on your size, I think you will like the Moment.
    It has a bigger display and a physical and virtual keyboard.
    The moment has more horsepower, but 22mb less of ram.
    The hero has 288mb of ram, a 5 MP cam, but no flash and it has Sense UI.

3. foo

foo Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    IT
    Chicago, IL
    good for you! to hell with winmo [​IMG].

4. SamuraiBigEd

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks, will do.

5. SamuraiBigEd

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    San Antonio, Texas
    OK, I checked out both phones and now I am more confused than ever. Love features of both, hate some of both.

The lag in switching to landscape on the Hero was aggravatingly long, both phones had problems recognizing when I hit an onscreen button, the lack of multi-touch gestures on the Moment is a big negative.

I had less problems with the Hero's onscreen keyboard than I thought I would, and the offset on the Moment keyboard is a little confusing but could easily be gotten used to.

I definitely like the trackball better as well.

Now for the kicker; went into the Verizon store two doors down and have to say the Droid is one well built phone! But the lack of multi-touch is puzzling since I thought that was supposed to be one of the features of 2.0.

Oh well, guess it's time to flip a coin...