1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Which Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsgunther, Dec 18, 2010.

1. rsgunther

rsgunther Newbie
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I'm trying to decide which Verizon phone to buy. Should I buy a droid X or a Fascinate? And Why?

Advertisement

2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Since you're in the X forum almost everyone will say get the X, if you posted this in the Fascinate forum they would say get the Fascinate.

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

I say get the Fascinate.

4. ThaiBoy02

ThaiBoy02 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    DMV (DC,MD,VA)
    I had the same question about two weeks ago. I was upgrading from the Moto Droid. I originally switch to the fascinate. However, in my opinion the fascinate lacked a lot of features which i considered standard. Like a LED light to show missed phone calls and messages. The screen is amazing in terms of brightness and color but the resolution wasnt even close to my Moto Droid. The stock Navigation and Search Engine is also tied to Bing and you will either have to Root your phone or wait to 2.2 Froyo for that to change. In the Fascinate forums people have been complaining about lack of phone support by Samsung. The reception is also weaker on the Fascinate. I went back to the Verizon store and switched to the X about a week after. I have been completely happy since. I hope this help as its from my personal experience. Whichever phone you choose I hope you are happy with it.

5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

..... (I just wanted to make Airmaxx look like an ass, lol)

Fascinate is proly a great device as well as the DX. After installing Ultimate Droid (truely blurless ROM) I can say I can't possibly see how any device can beat this phone. It has completely transformed and already excellent device into something out of this world. Lag? No sign of it. Freeze ups? None so far. Jitters? Absolutely not. This phone is as smooth as silk now, there are no words to describe it. I don't know why in the hell Motorola insists on dragging this device down with blur. This ROM really shows off what the DX is capable of, and I'm telling you this is an insane phone.

I've fallen in love all over again ten fold after installing this ROM!

6. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

Oh yeah, and we'll probably have gingerbread before the Sammy gets froyo... if that matters to you at all.

7. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    I was originally thinking the Fascinate was "the phone". I got the DX before the F came out and am glad I did. From what I read of the F's shortcomings, the DX IS the phone.