• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Phone?

D

Deleted User

I want to switch from iOS to Android just so I can experience the other side of the fence, but I don't know which phone to start with. I've been leaning toward HTC One, Nexus 5, LG G2, and Moto X, but I'm not sure. What would you say is a good Android phone for a person who has never used one before?

The Moto X is bent on consumer happiness and ease of access.

Going from the iPhone to Android can be a bit overwhelming, and the Moto X will probably give you the easiest transition into Android, because the phone was solely built to please the consumer, and give the consumer what they want, which is a phone that is really easy to get into.

It might not have the best specifications, but it has some really darn good features.

Upvote 0
Imo I'd eliminate moto x from the list (just my personal opinion, not fond of the smaller devices)

These 3 devices, I actually had to choose between yesterday when I upgraded from my Galaxy S3. Eventually got the LG G2.

I can't really say much other than if you want the best, choose either the nexus 5 or the g2.

Either way, out of those 3 devices, you can't go wrong with any of them. All excellent devices.

To put my 2 cents in about the g2, I love it so far and no complaints with it :)

Good luck and let us know which one you go with.

Cheers

Upvote 0
You can get cases on amazon but I have not heard anything about the cases for any of the devices that you have listed. Me personally on the devices I would go with the nexus 5 I have a galaxy nexus and absolutely love the pure Google experience. My best suggestion is go to your carriers store and play with all of them get a feel for the device and see which one better suits your needs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones