• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which phones can I buy right now are compatible with AT&Ts 3G bands?

sman789

Lurker
Jul 25, 2010
I'm using the iPhone 3gs right now and upgrading to the 4 seems pointless. I've messed with the Captivate and Aria at the store and my brother's 3g Slide. I even have iPhodroid (2.2 Froyo) installed on an iPhone 3G. I'm looking to purchase a new phone out of contract but there's only a few options I've found. The Galaxy S (non-USA), Captivate, Streak, Nexus 1,and Aria will work but I'm not sure about other phones since there's so many. To be honest the Streak is at the top of my want list but I'd like to know what else I could get, it doesn't have to be a bleeding edge 1ghz proc either.

Telus HTC legend or Bell HTC desire. They are the major players in Canada and will work on the same 3g network as AT&T. But they are locked and can be unlocked at their store for a fee.
The dell streak is too big-5" stuck to the side of the face is too much-besides its still running on the Donught OS.

Upvote 0
Telus HTC legend or Bell HTC desire. They are the major players in Canada and will work on the same 3g network as AT&T. But they are locked and can be unlocked at their store for a fee.
The dell streak is too big-5" stuck to the side of the face is too much-besides its still running on the Donught OS.

That's the reason I want the streak...to see peoples faces when I hold up that monster to answer a call. :D But I think the 5" size is just right. I'm using a dell Mini 9 tethered to my iPhone right now and would love to just carry 1 device.

Upvote 0
I'm using the iPhone 3gs right now and upgrading to the 4 seems pointless. I've messed with the Captivate and Aria at the store and my brother's 3g Slide. ... but I'd like to know what else I could get, it doesn't have to be a bleeding edge 1ghz proc either.

I suffered through the iOS upgrade on my 3G and hated the very slow speeds that resulted. It was unlocked and Jailbroken, so thinking that was the problem, I did a regular upgrade and got an AT&T account for 30 days. Just didn't work for me, so I moved on to an Android phone; yes the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide.

Same guys unlocked it for me so I could use my T-Mobile voice card on it; I use a new Virgin Mobile MiFi modem for my data when I'm not near my own router or a hotspot. Saves a ton of money and no contracts.

Following this I re-discovered Cydia's 'Backgrounder' which integrates with the iPhone and iOS4 nicely. Got rid of a lot of the mush using the 3G; but I'll stay with the Slide; very nice implementation of Android 2.1 and upgradable to Frodo later this summer I'm told.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones