• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Photography app do you use to edit photos?

I have 3 photo editing apps on my Droid. But none of them can really satisfy me. The followings are my general views on them:
1. Photo Shake: it used to be only available on iOS. But now it finally available on Android. It can easily combine one or more photos to make interesting images as on iPhone. However, its effect a little plain. Lack of my favorite LOMO effect. And sometimes when I try to combine more photos, it puts all my photos which supposed to be in portrait to be in landscape. This is kind of frustrating.

2. Photo Grid: it is also for converting photos collect into collages, similar to Photo Shake. It has four group to choose: 2, 4, 6, 9. You can't edit single photo here. It has more templates than Photo Shake. However, it does't have any effect. And why does every time I press back button, you clear all my editions? I have to select photos again! :mad:

3. roidizer: this is a Polaroid app, very simple & easy to add a Polaroid effect and a text. It has 6 cute font styles and 7 filters. I really like it though. It makes my photos cute. The only pity may be that you can't combine photos in this app. It can only edit single image.:(

Can anyone tell me whether there is an app can combine their three priorities together?

here's a summary of the photo apps i'm using

vignette - great for lomo/toy/cross processed/polaroid type photos. very customizable. it also has a "random" feature. for instance, there is a list of different "toy camera" settings, and instead of choosing one you can set it to randomly choose for you. it's a fun little element that adds to the spontaneity a surprise of "lomo" photos.

retro camera - not customizable, but offers a handful of cool modes including a few different vintage cameras and a polaroid. i don't like that it forces you to use a square format, but the end results are good.

picsay pro - great for "post process" editing. easy to use with a bunch of nice features.

camera - the stock camera app is what i use for "unprocessed" photos. no compaints about it.

i've found that i use vignette most of all. the range of customizations has really limited my need for a "post process" app.

i believe i have used far too many "air quotes" in this post.

randy

Upvote 0
I thought Android apps aim at helping us to do everything more conveniently on mobiles. So we don't need to go to pc for help.

I know nothing about "fireworks" but there is something to be said about photo editing on a pc. There is no tablet or smartphone capable of doing serious photo editing. They just do not have the computing power. They are fine for editing photos off your built in camera, but not for transferring photos from your real camera and then expecting to do any serious editing or RAW processing.

Upvote 0
I know nothing about "fireworks" but there is something to be said about photo editing on a pc. There is no tablet or smartphone capable of doing serious photo editing. They just do not have the computing power. They are fine for editing photos off your built in camera, but not for transferring photos from your real camera and then expecting to do any serious editing or RAW processing.
It's true. But they still satisfy us on some degree, right?:)

Upvote 0
as a photographer AND fan of mobile tech...sure i'd love to be able to do what lightroom3 can on my phone, but when im on the go...i simply cant. but if i want to upload to fb or flickr or something, there are a few apps that i seem to use the most for editing.

1. vignette. i like the customizability of this, and the ease of being able quickly select a style like cross process.
2. picsay pro. this is a good one also for the same reasons as above. this one also seems to have a longer list of effects, but some are just crappola.
3. photoshop. for as much time as i spend in everyday, i seldom use it on my evo. but its the app i chose when i want to crop.

Upvote 0
It's true. But they still satisfy us on some degree, right?:)

Upvote 0
I've tried: Vignette, Photoshop, and Picsay Pro.
Photoshop was my favorite app back on my iPhone, and the only reason I used it on my Android - was because I didn't know\think there was anything else out there.
Vignette just didn't seem to fit my needs. I like to take a picture, THEN edit it - not chose a filter or style while taking the picture... plus my Thunderbolt already has some of the same filters already built-in to the native camera app.

Picsay Pro can do EVERYTHING that the photoshop app can, plus a little bit more.
Needless to say, Picsay Pro is currently the only photo-editing app that I have on my phone. (I am also a professional photographer, for what it's worth)

Upvote 0
I've tried: Vignette, Photoshop, and Picsay Pro.
Photoshop was my favorite app back on my iPhone, and the only reason I used it on my Android - was because I didn't know\think there was anything else out there.
Vignette just didn't seem to fit my needs. I like to take a picture, THEN edit it - not chose a filter or style while taking the picture... plus my Thunderbolt already has some of the same filters already built-in to the native camera app.

Picsay Pro can do EVERYTHING that the photoshop app can, plus a little bit more.
Needless to say, Picsay Pro is currently the only photo-editing app that I have on my phone. (I am also a professional photographer, for what it's worth)
So many of you guys recommend picsay. I'm gonna try it later. :D

Upvote 0
2. Photo Grid: it is also for converting photos collect into collages, similar to Photo Shake. It has four group to choose: 2, 4, 6, 9. You can't edit single photo here. It has more templates than Photo Shake. However, it does't have any effect. And why does every time I press back button, you clear all my editions? I have to select photos again! :mad: QUOTE]

I just tried this app and it looks fun. Press the back arrow in the app and it shouldn't clear your selections...not the back arrow on your phone.

For photo taking, I use the stock camera or camera 360 and the photoshop to edit. This photo grid looks like a nice addition for collages.

Upvote 0
2. Photo Grid: it is also for converting photos collect into collages, similar to Photo Shake. It has four group to choose: 2, 4, 6, 9. You can't edit single photo here. It has more templates than Photo Shake. However, it does't have any effect. And why does every time I press back button, you clear all my editions? I have to select photos again! :mad: QUOTE]

I just tried this app and it looks fun. Press the back arrow in the app and it shouldn't clear your selections...not the back arrow on your phone.

For photo taking, I use the stock camera or camera 360 and the photoshop to edit. This photo grid looks like a nice addition for collages.
Not the phone's back arrow? I always press that one...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones