• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which recovery?

Ill maybe try it. Is it simple enough to work out compared to CWM/Philz? I like how Philz has the one tap option to wipe everything for flashing a rom. Not sure if philz is only for the s3 though.
Ive been in samsung-land for the last yr and a half lol. Itl be nice to learn something new :)

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
Multirom (dual booting?) seems like a good way for me to go mate.
I like using the latest bleeding edge rom but at the same time, my wifes gona be using it for youtube, facebook etc so stock would be best for her id guess.
Do any of the roms have Android Run Time yet or is that just not possible on this tab?
Cheers :)

Upvote 0
Multirom (dual booting?) seems like a good way for me to go mate.
I like using the latest bleeding edge rom but at the same time, my wifes gona be using it for youtube, facebook etc so stock would be best for her id guess.
Do any of the roms have Android Run Time yet or is that just not possible on this tab?
Cheers :)

Not sure what Roms are trying art, I multiboot to use cyanogen as a general testbed and to occasionally try an image of Ubuntu Touch to see how it is progressing.

My wife uses the tablet as well, its nice to have a stable constant for her to use. Multiboot also requires no action from a cold boot, it will automatically boot your primary ROM with no user input.

Whatever ROM you are running when you install multirom becomes your primary, something to keep in mind if you want cyanogen as the default for example.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones