• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM are you running?

What ROM do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not having issues with the updated stock ROM. What benefits are there to VEGAn or TNTLite?

Honestly, if you're happy with stock then you don't have to install a custom ROM. Installing a custom ROM (Vegan in my case) for me is preferable, because I want the google apps like the market, gtalk etc. I also have found it more stable and runs the apps that I use alot smoother than stock would.

Reactions: jayDInc
Upvote 0
Based on this poll I switched from CyanogenMod 6.1 to VEGAn 5.1 - one word.
WOW. I am not an expert by any stretch, but do understand some of the ins and outs. I had some trouble with CM 6.1 (no sound unless you plugged in the head phones - no usb connection to laptop) I tried VEGAn based on this poll and everything works perfectly. Sound, Google Market, USB - everything!

Thanks to VEGAn - and thanks for this poll.

Upvote 0
Honestly, if you're happy with stock then you don't have to install a custom ROM. Installing a custom ROM (Vegan in my case) for me is preferable, because I want the google apps like the market, gtalk etc. I also have found it more stable and runs the apps that I use alot smoother than stock would.

Well, it was the lack of GTalk and the Market that finally pushed me. Installed TNT Lite 4.4 last night. In addition to GTalk and the Market, the interface is MUCH snappier.

How do I change my vote? :)

Upvote 0
OOP'S!!!

Just got the dreaded "process.android.acore" error. I had to wipe and clear then reinstall ROM using clockwork. Now to reinstall all of my apps.

Not sure what caused it.... low battery or installed app. Will wait and watch.

When you loaded your rom did you repartition your memory? Acore issues are caused by a corruption in the data usually pertaining to the contacts.apk. I have found that repartitioning your memory lessens the liklihood of corrupting your data again. You usually only have to do it once.

Reactions: dmoriarty
Upvote 0
When you loaded your rom did you repartition your memory? Acore issues are caused by a corruption in the data usually pertaining to the contacts.apk. I have found that repartitioning your memory lessens the liklihood of corrupting your data again. You usually only have to do it once.

Yes, this time I did. Using 2048 x 0 partition as recommended.

I hope that this helps avoid that error as I couldn't do or run anything with that popping up every time I tapped the screen. I couldn't run just about anything that required any keyboard input. Setting would crash on any attempt so I could not clear my contacts that way.

Will be waiting and watching.

I have most of my apps loaded again. So far, all is well with the gTablet again. Glad this happened just after the original TnT Lite 4.4.0 installation. Was just getting to enjoy the thing for the first time. Stock ROM was really BAD for me lots of apps would not work and many of the web sites I visit would just close the browser.

I am happy again! :D:D:D And am enjoying learning the aspects of Android since I did very little with my HERO phone, it now is getting more loaded apps.:)

Upvote 0
When I answered the poll I was using Vegan Gingerbread, but now I've switched over to G-Harmony, which is a solid Gingerbread ROM with a very responsive developer. (The Vegan gingerbread was a little fragile, and I just got tired of waiting for the developer to update it.)

It's also worth noting that there's now an official CM7 ROM for the G-Tab, that has some nice Tablet-specific interface tweaks in it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones