• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM are you using?

jacksonliam

Oct 22, 2011
So, Which ROM are you using and why?

I'm using CheckROM Revo NoteHD v5.1

After flashing it (I use .zip via recovery, because that's how im used to flashing roms).

I restored my titanium backup of apps and system from stock rooted rom and everything was 100% how I had it before flashing and working!

The rom has an app on market called "Kitchen Pro" which allows easily flashing various MODS, I flashed abyssNote kernel and used setCPU to set my CPU to 1.6GHZ (1.7GHZ had freezing without voltage tweaks).

Here is my quadrant (and quadrant has poor dualcore benching!)
2iuby1e.jpg

Smart Bench 2012
312v0bt.jpg

You can see the 'productivity' score is a little worse than the 1.7ghz note, but the 'gaming' score is a little better.
Browsermark
zkr800.jpg

This is IMPRESSIVE as the galaxy nexus on ICS gets about ~98000, and the Iphone 4S (IOS 5) gets about ~87000. (Source)

imilka ics, very good. no less unstable than the samsung 2.3.6 original. However, no video camera :-(

Its the only thing i can't seem to fix, nor find any ref to this problem online.

I decided to root and go for ics generally because of the horrendous copy text function on 2.3.6 (was even considering changing phones because of it)

I chose the imilka rom because of the tablet mode - it is very sexy but a bit less stable than the phone mode. Very nice to use it for a good work session of emails and website work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones