1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root which rom has the best keyboard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marco712, May 24, 2010.

1. marco712

marco712 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I have villan 5.4... it started out OK.. then after a few weeks it's slowing down a lot, FC tons of programs. and the keyboard is so laggy that I have to slow down my text msging... I'm ready to switch to another ROM. Anyone recommend something faster/better ?

Advertisement

2. stoney73

stoney73 Guest

roms dont suddenly become bad, perhaps you should check through what apps you have installed recently, they are a most likely cause of concern.

3. marco712

marco712 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I haven't been installing any apps, been the same apps since I first started.

4. SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    5.5 is slower than 5.4 I found for the keyboard.

Just flashing 6.0 to see if that is any different.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    On slidevillain (with the old kernel) I always found the phone lagged the first time I touched the screen. So it ended up detecting everything as a long press even if I just tapped it/dragged across the screen.

I think you should switch to Villain 6. The new kernel makes the screen a bit more responsive, so I'd wager typing is improved. You can flash the new kernel to 5.X roms too I believe.

I do use Swype though so I can't really compare their keyboard responsiveness.

6. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Skip Trace Investigator
    Loveland, Colorado
    I feel that if you base a ROM off a keyboard, it is like buying a phone event hough you don't like the carrier. If you want to use a great keyboard, find a ROM that you REALLY like and buy Better Keyboard from the market. It comes with TONS of skins and workd great.. At least that is my 2 cents.

Tags: