1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which rom should I run which one will you recommend

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dvdavid888, Oct 28, 2014.

1. dvdavid888

dvdavid888 Android Enthusiast

I'm looking for something to run on the daily basis so it must be stable or somewhat stable I'm currently running moonshine I like to have the performance options as well as a kernel that supports overclocking and something with a nice easy interface if I had to choose between glamour and performance I will choose pformance I was leaning towards cynagen let me know what you think or what would you recommend

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

there's no straight answer to this question. What works for someone else may not work well for you. The best way to find out is to try different ROMs and see which you like.

example - many people swear by CM but its not one of my favorites. It just not as solid as something like 'SlimKat'. But thats just my opinion and its what works well for me.

Try different Roms for a few days and see which you like. You'll know when you find yourself always going back to the same ROM :)

dvdavid888 likes this.
  3. dvdavid888

I will appreciate everybody's input on this and please tell me why you recommend that ROM

4. starkraving

starkraving Android Expert

Matter of preference... And there's a lot to choose from. The KK Roms are getting the rest of the bugs squashed but for the most part are stable enough for daily use. The stock based offerings are excellent and for the most part are all stable. Again a matter of preference. I like PA myself for the Awe.

dvdavid888 likes this.
  5. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Android Expert

PAC-MAN is excellent if you like a great amount of customizable features and want KitKat. Paranoid Android looks really nice too, I find myself switching back and forth between those two. There's some things that one has that I like, that the other doesn't. Like for PA, I dig the Dynamic status bar, but it lacks the customisability of PAC-MAN. However If you dig looks and visual UI and you're not really desiring the latest OS versions, then of course you can stick with stock based ROMs like "L awe" and it'll give you a lot of the looks of the latest OS's without all the features (plus you'll have a native working camera and be able to operate your flashlight LED from quick settings in your status bar ;-)). Also you can always run overclocked on stock bases or KitKat ROM's.

dvdavid888 likes this.
  6. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

I would suggest L Awe or Moonshine for the most stability. Kit Kat variants to experiment a little. And if you are adventureous and really want to play around,build up your own modified stock rom based off the stock deodexed rom.

dvdavid888 likes this.
  7. dvdavid888

Well I've been trying every ROM available and I must say they are all works of art but for now I will stick with L AWE to run on a daily basis might just have to buy another ZTE Awe so I can play with the 4.4.4 KitKat Roms I must say these dev are definitely working hard

ZTE Awe Forum

The ZTE Awe release date was Q2 2007. Features and Specs include a 4.13" inch screen, 0.1MP camera, 128GB RAM, and processor.

Q2 2007
Release Date
Reviews