1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

which rom to use?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by motoroller, Sep 3, 2011.

1. motoroller

motoroller Newbie

So I don't have a lot of experience with roms, I have clockwork on my vibrant and fascinate. So I'm just curious, what roms are out there? What's the benefits of each?
    Where do I download them? And do I use rom manager to flash them?
    Edit: for Droid x2 of course

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast

Check out here or over at xda form roms. As of right now I would go into recovery manually and flash them and download the roms to your computer and place them on your sd card sorry I can't be more specific I'm on the mobile app

3. zrad.zg

zrad.zg Member

I've downloaded the roms to my computer then manually put them on my SD card. (I'm on GB, rooted with the motorola GB one-click root). After that I used the bootstrap and put my phone into recovery then flashed the rom. I'm on Eclipse v0.5 which I've themed using funken's cyan icecream theme.

4. Scur

Scur Android Expert

So I'm running rooted stock Froyo. I just came from the Ascend, so this phone is like greased magic to me. What benefits would I get from flashing Gingerbread?

5. droidsales

droidsales Newbie

It is faster with GB, and much more stable. Multiple SMS bug and many other minor bugs go away. I'm on p3droid's rooted GB, no Rom, just bloat frozen with TiBu, and this phone screams. I was impatient for roms until i got GB; now it's so smooth I haven't bothered yet. Definitely worth rooting, but use the method on the sticky in this forum.

6. 2XdiorD

2XdiorD Lurker

cant you download roms directly to your phone?

7. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast

Yeah, you can. I find it easier and more hassle free (for me) to download them via the PC due to the larger screen size. Then I just push them via ADB to the SD card on my droid. Plus I can back them up that way for later access if needed without eating up space on my droid.

To answer the OP's question, there are quite a few out there for the X2. Go the the sticky at the top of this forum or click here -> http://androidforums.com/droid-x2-all-things-root/429289-custom-droid-x2-roms.html

This will list a lot of ROMs out there for the X2. Be sure you choose the right one for the stock ROM you are running (Froyo - 2.2.2, Gingerbread - 2.3.3 or 2.3.4).

I myself am using Eclipse 1.3RC right now. It's awesome and the developer just put in the Bionic camera in this release which is really nice.

8. ls1adam84

ls1adam84 Newbie

I have had luck so far with Eclipse 1.2 RC2, I have been seeing a few issues with the desktop dock being an issue on eclipse 1.3RC1/2 I am holding out for the next update of it. With Eclipse 1.2 it is a bit more stable and runs fine, plus it is free of a lot of blur and replaced with AOSP, I love it and like I said am waiting to see what further updates come along. I also plan to sit down and get nitty gritty with this handset and start developing a custom ROM, we will see if I have time, (Between finishing up school finally and doing custom engine harness and engine swap on a friends camaro, plus getting married, and buying a house) it has been a little busy around here haha.

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews