• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM type are you using?

Which type of ROM are you using?

• Sense ROM

Votes: 108 32.8%
  • ASOP ROM

Votes: 129 39.2%
  • MIUI ROM

Votes: 35 10.6%
  • My phone is not rooted

Votes: 57 17.3%

• Total voters
The delay is also gone in recent CM7 builds (7.1 RC1 and recent nightlies, from my experience), which I guess means it's gone in GV too.

The current CM7 nightlies also seem to have acquired a screenshot option in the power menu, same as recent Oxygen. And the camera has a touch to focus option again, which I'd not seen in the default camera since CM6

Upvote 0
The delay is also gone in recent CM7 builds (7.1 RC1 and recent nightlies, from my experience), which I guess means it's gone in GV too.

The current CM7 nightlies also seem to have acquired a screenshot option in the power menu, same as recent Oxygen. And the camera has a touch to focus option again, which I'd not seen in the default camera since CM6

is this screen shot, on oxygen, option only in gsm? Because I don't see it on my cmda?

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I just rooted, and I've tried some sense roms but since browsing the forums I've noticed a lot of use of the AOSP roms.

What one would you recommend? I've seen the screenshot thread and I like the theming capabilities of these roms but I can't tell which is which! What AOSP rom would you recommend that's fast- but still looks great. I'm kinda torn up between Redux (what's the difference between the themed, and unthemed version?) and Cyanogenmod 7.

Upvote 0
The diff between themed and unthemed Redux is just a few bits of appearance: statusbar icons, glow colour, spinner. Not much else.

That apart, actually most AOSP ROMs look rather similar. They may come with different included launchers, but stick Launcher Pro, Go Launcher or whatever on and you can make the same look on any of them. The main differences are in the level of additions and customisation: Redux is perhaps simplest (in part because the dev has been busy for a few months, in part by design), Oxygen has a few more tweaks, CM7 more, and GingerVillain is based on CM7 with different custom kernels, default settings, some additions. Best advice I can give is to try some of them and see what you like. I'm currently running a stripped-down version of one of last week's CM7 nightlies, but I've used all of the others I've named, and could happily work with any of them (and doubtless will use some of them in the future).

One thing to note with CM7: if you want a2sd or google apps (e.g. Market) these are separate add-ons, not included in the ROM. People often get caught out by that. The others include these, though if you want dalvik cache on sd-ext you have to apply an add-on for Redux and Oygen, and type a command on GV.

Reactions: museiscool8
Upvote 0
Arghhh, I tired Cyanogenmod and Oxygen and on both attempts I couldn't get my wifi going, but when I restored my nandroid from Insertcoin, the wifi works fine?

I really enjoy AOSP roms but I can't chew up my monthly data usage and my battery just using 3G! Any ideas on what to do to get Wifi working on these roms? It connects, authenticates and then disconnects saying "disabled", any fixes or past experiences at all?

Please help, I love these roms! :)

[EDIT]
Don't worry, it was the modem, not the phone :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones