1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Which ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaffa, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    Brighton
    Hi Guys

Im over from the hero forums, I'm looking to root my friends G1, this is a lazy thread possibly, but its not my phone and I need a quick answer, so thanks in advance..

Is there a stable fully functional ROM running Sense UI for the G1?

Cheers muchly

Lee

Advertisement

2. nateshuntsvegas

Apr 6, 2010
    GeoUSA likes this.
  3. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Director of IT
    The Hero MLIGN 3.3 ROM is slick. I like many of the features. Being based on Android 1.5 wouldn't support Navigation. I'm not willing to give that up. I would love the HTC Sense interface though. Main features I am seeking: stable and fast ROM supporting Apps2SD and navigation.

4. nateshuntsvegas

Apr 6, 2010
    Well Mlign 3.3 is very stable and fast and has sense which I think is what he is looking for. And I believe it does support apps2sd after partitioning the sd card. I would suggest a class 6 card though. I maybe wrong just got my g1 friday and its my first android phone so still learning.
    nate

5. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I want to thank you very much for that Video. When I saw how fast it was PLUS FLASH.... well I will root my G1 and install this ROM. Again THANKS!

6. tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
    I just went to a page that says this dev has another ROM that was made for 1.6. Also the MLINE has an A and a B version. Which one do I use?

7. tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
    I do need one program to work though. SIPDROID saves me a LOT of maney since I am living in Vietnam. Need to call home every week. Sipdroid was made for Donut so will it work with this ROM ?

Tags: