• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which rooting method is safe for unrooting easily safely

kumaranil13k

Jan 10, 2020
**Question Which root method is safe and can be unrooted easily safely without aftermarks**

I want to root my mobile lyf water 7 and change modify settings of PM set install location and if it works then I will like to unroot and install

https://android.stackexchange.com/q...ation-on-non-rooted-android-5-lollipop-device

I googled founded three methods

1. Twrp installing and installing super user

2. Installing magisk which writes on Bot partition and don't touches the system partition

3. Installing kingoroot or one root

4. Xda rooting batch file

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-water-7-how-to-lyf-water-7-ls-5504.3532900/

Which of the above rooting methods are safe to install what are pros nd cins of each methods and which and can be unistalled easily and don't leave any after marks after unrooting

How to unroot with all four methods

1. Superuser

2. Magisk

3. Kingoroot or one touch root

4. Xda batch file

Last edited:
well i would rule out kingo and the one click root methods. mainly because it is better to do the work and actually root the device yourself rather than use a program or app to do it for you. this way you will gain useful knowledge on how the root process works and it might help you if and when something goes wrong.....you will have the knowledge to troubleshoot.

also kingo root was banned from XDA initially when it came out......so i have always been leary of using it. it was banned because it supposedly collected info and data that seemed unnecessary by xda at the time. they have supposedly changed that.......so use at your own caution.

both su and magisk are completely safe.

unrooting will depend on the device and not necessarily how it was rooted. most devices just flashing a firmware update will unroot. but i have never heard of your device and do not know if the manufacturer even offers firmware updates online or not.

and your link for the xda batch file was for a useless thread where one of the posts linked the BlissPOP custom rom. i do not see any batch files.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
@ocnbrze bro thanx for your reply and sharing your precious time knowledge opinion and suggestions

well i would rule out kingo and the one click root methods. mainly because it is better to do the work and actually root the device yourself rather than use a program or app to do it for you. this way you will gain useful knowledge on how the root process works and it might help you if and when something goes wrong.....you will have the knowledge to troubleshoot.

also kingo root was banned from XDA initially when it came out......so i have always been leary of using it. it was banned because it supposedly collected info and data that seemed unnecessary by xda at the time. they have supposedly changed that.......so use at your own caution.

both su and magisk are completely safe.

unrooting will depend on the device and not necessarily how it was rooted. most devices just flashing a firmware update will unroot. but i have never heard of your device and do not know if the manufacturer even offers firmware updates online or not.

and your link for the xda batch file was for a useless thread where one of the posts linked the BlissPOP custom rom. i do not see any batch files.

@ocnbrze bro as one solution is to reflash with original backup or stock.rom.but the setting changed after rooting will not also change... But if we unroot it will sustain as super user have option to uninstall and so do magisk have but do it complete removes or by it leaves any files or settings behind after marks after removing on unrooting

Secondly I am extremely sorry I had pasted wrong link of xda batch file to root I had edited modified change link in in question and relink below to.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-water-7-how-to-lyf-water-7-ls-5504.3532900/

The batch file coding on viewing shown to fastboot boot boot.img I think it writed or flashed some boot image on boot partition. Don't know what the boot image have inside

Upvote 0
@ocnbrze bro as one solution is to reflash with original backup or stock.rom.but the setting changed after rooting will not also change... But if we unroot it will sustain as super user have option to uninstall and so do magisk have but do it complete removes or by it leaves any files or settings behind after marks after removing on unrooting
If you unroot by reflashing stock software or a nandroid backup made before rooting then any changes to the ROM will be gone. So no more superuser, no more magisk (because this will also replace the kernel with the original one), and you won't have any of the root abilities.

If you have installed a custom ROM in the meanwhile you'll probably need to do a factory reset (for some manufacturers flashing stock software does a reset anyway, and a nandroid restore, unless you choose only to restore the boot and system partitions, will also replace your current data and settings with those from when the backup was taken).

Of course restoring a nandroid will not replace the custom recovery. You will need to either reflash that with the stock software or reflash the phone completely if you don't want that to remain after unrooting.

Also as for removing any trace, if you unlocked the bootloader it's likely that it will still be possible to tell that it was once unlocked even if you relock it (most phones will set the bootloader status to "relocked" rather than "locked" - I've no idea what your model will do). But presumably a phone of that age has no warranty left anyway, so this doesn't really matter.

The "boot image" is the kernel of the operating system.

I've never been a fan of one-click root apps: a lot of them install wanted stuff in the process and several have had privacy problems. Plus I don't like black box solutions for this type of stuff, I prefer to know exactly what I am doing (also helps if anything goes wrong if you understand what was being changed).

Upvote 0
There is no such thing as a safe and easy way to just toggle your Android device from being rooted to unrooted. When you root an Android device, that involves an actual alteration to the installed Android operating system itself. Reversing that isn't going to be 'safe' so always have a fall-back solution in place. Back up your data in case you need to do a user account restore and make sure there's an appropriate stock or custom ROM readily available in case you soft-brick your phone trying to flip it between root >>><< non-root status.
You're apparently comparing Android with a Windows PC, where you can make a user account change from administrative to restricted without too much hassle. A desktop OS is typically going to include a lot of support to handle multiple user accounts concurrently, and at different levels of restrictions. But the Android platform is a different environment with the focus being a single user account. Any multiple user account functionality is going to be a modular and essentially 'bolted into place'.

Utilities like Magisk can mask root -- non-root status but it's not actually changing the phone from root to non-root. The SuperSU utility on the other hand is root-required, and while it does include a 'Full unroot' option that works don't be surprised when it doesn't and you have to re-flash the ROM anyway to start over again.
It's one thing to go from rooted to non-rooted and end up with phone that still boots up and runs, and a phone that does that and is fully functional and stable again. Also keep in mind that your list of rooting methods will work with some models but not all so you might find only one, or only a couple, or none of them will root your Lyf Water 7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones