• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which RUU?

DeltaOscar

Jan 6, 2011
Hello everyone,

Its been a while, but the last time I posted I had trouble with unrooting (i messed it up during the flash of another rom - somehow lol) which left me with the device unable to enter standby mode when pressing the power button. After everything, i tried something called Tepic's tool which managed to get me back onto a stock froyo rom so I could send it in for warranty, which they sent me a replacement.

I understand this was the wrong way to handle rooting and unrooting, so before I root my replacement desire through unrevoked, I wanted to make sure that, for any reason, should I need to return to stock, I do so properly.

I understand that to return to stock you need to create a goldcard, and then you need the correct ruu. I think it is this RUU:

[ROM]RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00. 32U_5.11.05.27_release - xda-developers

I can provide some details; could someone please point me to the correct RUU for my desire?

ANDROID VERSION

BASEBAND VERSION
32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

HBOOT

RADIO

Please someone provide some direction for me, and also as a side question, would the screen type I have affect which RUU I need?

very much appreciated :D

You dont need to return to stock to root, You already have a stock rom installed!

What PVT number does your hboot show?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i already have stock firmware. But when I root on the stock firmware, in order to remove the root I don't need to go through the process of a goldcard and ruu? would that only be needed if i use a custom rom? (I was having a thought about putting oxygen froyo on it..)

and as for the pvt, its BRAVO PVT1

thanks

Upvote 0
Well, we have a difference of opinion, I would at least get the goldcard image from the PSASeven if you dont allpy till you need it. Remember that you only THINK your unbranded.

EddyOS seems to think he recognises the zip as an unbranded zip, which I cant comment on or argue with because I don't know any different.

If you want to go ahead then do so, but if youe want to be safer than sorry as you only THINK your unbranded, go and get the goldcard image. There's no need to actually make the card, just get the image saved.

Upvote 0
ok thats what I intended to do. I'm reading how to create one on the FAQ, but you also talk about backing up an image. Forgive me, but could you please explain what you mean?

If you use a goldcard tool as per the rooting faq, it creates and applies an image (.img) file to your SD card. Just keep that file safe.

Upvote 0
ah ok i see, so I goldcard my spare sd and once that is done, i can leave it in my drawer safely and put my normal sd back in my phone and continue to root. correct?

EDIT: Right i've just gone and goldcard'd my spare sd. At first I couldn't get a CID from either MMC1 or MMC0. I then tapped on my phone to mount as disk drive, clicked on MMC1 and clicked get CID and I did get a code. Did everything and finally told me it was a success. I'm only concerned that I mounted it first, will it still be alright?

EDIT2: I've sorted it now, I read further into the thread, and a user posted clearer instructions.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, i'm pleased to say everything went smoothly, I have root on my phone! :cool:

I put my goldcard away safely, and then did a clockwork backup. So hopefully it'll be plain sailing from here, as I explore root a bit more and what it can do. Maybe much later down the line i'll give a custom rom a go, im quite happy with sense for now.

Thanks everyone for their input and assistance. If i have any more queries, I know the first place to come to for help!

much appreciated! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones