• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Samsung Galaxy to get : EVO or Vibrant??

texphone

Jul 22, 2010
texas
sorry I meant EPIC or VIBRANT :)

So I am a noob to androids and smartphones in general.
I have done my research. But I figure the experts are here and would like opinions.

I have narrowed it down to the Samsung Galaxies - either Tmobile or Sprint.

I understand that Tmobile has much better customer service ratings in surveys but some say Sprint has improved?

Tmobile phone has 16g internal memory vs sprints 1g(but 16g SD). How important is internal memory size for androids? Some say in 2.2 you will be able to use SD memory for apps so internal isnt as important in the future? I assume these phones will be able to upgrade?

Sprint phone has better features for me - forward camera for video conf, hard keybd, and 4G.- all of which are big pluses for me. When is Tmobile getting 4g and will the phones upgrade?

Any comments folks? Is tmobile service and line quality that much better than Sprint?

First off the Sprint version of the Galaxy S is the Epic ;)

T-Mobile is deploying HSPA+, which i some markets is performing better than Sprint's WiMax. We have it deployed in Houston and on my 7.2 Mbps HSPA MyTouch I average about 3 Mbps down with Speedtest.net.

Android 2.2 does support installing apps on the sd card, but there is some dependence on developers supporting it in their apps. If the front-facing-camera and keyboard are important features, than there's only one choice.

Compare their coverage maps for your area and and if they're comparable get the phone with the features you want.

:D

Upvote 0
It really depends in your area on who has better coverage. I have excellent coverage in San Diego with T-Mobile, but it may not be the same for you. However, I heard Sprint is really good in my area as well.

Also, if my contract was up with T-Mobile and I were to choose between Sprint and T-Mobile, I would definitely go for Sprint. Their plans seems to be a lot cheaper and also they do have the unlimited mobile to mobile on ANY U.S. Carrier.

The Epic also does not look too bad. It seems a bit thicker, but you definitely want to check it out in person. And like others said, it has more features as well which is always nice to have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones