1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Which screen protector to use?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by commenda, Jun 3, 2011.

1. commenda

commenda Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the commando?

Advertisement

2. tkahike

tkahike Newbie
    None

I bought this one. At the time, there were not many options. Went on without an issue, still using it.

3. y0bailey

y0bailey Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    I would say don't waste your money. I didn't have one on my original droid and it made it 1.5 years without a single scratch or ding. This phone is even more protected (ie the rubber is higher than the screen), so I don't predict any problems.

Screen protectors are ugly.

4. xero287

xero287 Newbie
    None

May 15, 2011
    MD/NH
    You do realize that this phone has thicker gorilla glass than every other phone out there...The only thing that can scratch it is sand.

5. Dpsammy

Dpsammy Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    I tried putting on a "cut to size" protector that came with my wife's new incredible 2.... It sucked. Too thick, and I could not get rid of the air bubbles. Looked like a really bad tint job! So, going without protection. The touch screen is already not the best, so I don't know how adding the protector will affect that. I agree that with the tough glass, the phone will resist scratches. Two weeks now with the phone, in my pocket most of the time. Have dropped it twice, once on concrete. No problems!

6. joel745

joel745 Newbie
    None

May 21, 2011
    I'm more concerned with glare than protection, are all smart phones this hard to see outdoors?

7. rc109a

rc109a Newbie
    None

May 9, 2011
    Most are as I have found. I work on the water and have yet to find one that was more suited to the job. The only issues are the glare. I have not seen one that did not have this issue. I leave my brightness on auto and have no issues with battery life. That helps out a lot.

8. xero287

xero287 Newbie
    None

May 15, 2011
    MD/NH
    For those of you who are experiencing touch screen problems..that is due to yet again the thicker gorilla glass.

9. toobizzee

toobizzee Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    With a screen protector, I think it doesn't look as smeared as with just the glass, just my two cents. And woah, can't see the screen outside either. How can I change this?

10. Noryb

Noryb Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    I went with a "Skinomi Techskin". They also carry different types of phone skins also. I chose the carbon fiber skin which came with the screen protector. Check out the site. www.skinomi.com/

11. brilars10

brilars10 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I am looking for a matte finish screen protector similar to the one that Power Support makes for the ipod touch and iphone. I am not worried as much about scratching the screen as I am with constantly seeing fingerprints and smudges on the glass.

12. IceCreamSamich

None

Oct 5, 2011
    I've had my Commando for about 4 months now. I've never had a screen protector on it and take no special care of it. I even put my keys in the same pocket sometimes and there is not 1 scratch on it.

I think a screen protector is a waste of money.