• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Which screen protectors is everyone useing!?

I'm also interested in finding out what the best screen protector for the Captivate is. Mine will be here early next week.

Coming from an iPhone 3G I've been really happy with the Power Supply screen protector and Incase Slider case. Neither company makes products for non-Apple phones it seems.

I'm primarily interested in a screen protector that is cut precisely with very good quality both optically and in terms of how well it sticks to the phone glass. The Power Supply film has been flawless for me. No lint when it was new, no bubbles ever, a perfect cut, and it stays clean with almost no effort at all.

The SGP Steinheil film looks good on their website and YouTube video. Any other users here? I've also seen Realook, Skinomi, and Lexerd film at Amazon.

As for Captivate cases, the Body Glove appears to be the best of the limited options that I've seen. I'm looking for something that won't add much bulk, with high quality fit and finish that will last and a design that won't collect dust between the back of the phone and the case (my first iPhone case, a flexible rubbery Incipio, was terrible this way).

Upvote 0
Update since I installed the Zagg Invisible Shield.

Two words: Really Disappointed

The screen protector itself good full coverage, had to stretch out with thumbs (while on screen) to get a good fit. However, the rest of the supposed "full-body protection" sucks butt. There's 3 pieces for the back of the phone and NONE of them are cut to fit very well and are very difficult to stretch for additional coverage. Additionally, it doesn't come close to protecting the whole phone, basically the sides, top and bottom are uncovered. Finally... it looks as if none of the back pieces will last very long and most likely peel off.

However, thanks to jflexe99, I have an awesome looking Amzer Argyle case on order. So I really only need the screen protection.

Upvote 0
Ditto, right now I just have my phone either in my shirt pocket, or in it's case
PhoneCase.jpg

Upvote 0
I went ahead and got the full body PhantomSkinz. I was a little worried about using water but I followed the directions except after I dipped the piece in water I sort of tapped/wiped off the excess water on a paper towel and it came out perfect. Didn't get much moisture on the phone at all but the wetting of the skin made it easier to install properly. If you try it that way you just have to be careful about how you remove the excess water.

As for a review here is what I think...

The screen protector part is great. I haven't had any issues with touch or swype or anything. The image isn't degraded or blurry.

The rest of the body I could live without, the edges in certain spots feel like they aren't stuck down even though they are. Doesn't totally cover the phone but is close.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I hadn't realized SGP made products for cell phones - I've got their skins on a laptop (a dell mini 10v) and not only were they easy to install, but they look fab.

After watching videos elsewhere, I decided to pick up the Anti-Fingerprint version of their screen protector.

I'll come back here and review it once I have it on and such.

Let us know if there is any rainbow effect or if it changes the look of the screen colors. I ask because I once used an anti-glare screen on my old iPhone and will never do that again as it made the screen look horrible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones