• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Smartwatch?

I would recommend apple watches if people can afford them. Its really an amazing product.

Wait a minute i am gonna get killed for talking about apple products on android forum :p LOL :D

I don't know about killed .... maybe beat up a little. ;)

Seriously, what's so amazingly better than WearOS? On a device that looks like an iPod nano glued to a rubber band ... :p

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
My Huatch finally succumbed to failure to charge due to wear and tear on the Pogo pins. :( Too bad as it still did all I wanted and more as a smartwatch and even this morning had 30% battery left after 36 hours without a charge.

I wanted to ask the Fossil owners what they thought of the 3rd Gen fossil. I don't need the latest and greatest in hardware. I just want to make sure it doesn't have the flat tire (I know it went away at some point, but just looking for confirmation) and that there isn't some other compelling reason to shell out the additional $100 or so for the Gen 4.

I've got the Gen 3 Explorist, @Unforgiven . No flat tire, although I didn't mind it on the Q Founder (which I still have). I've never run the battery down with daily use and heavy notifications. The only thing is that there is no heart rate monitor, if you're looking for that kind of thing.

I'll 2nd Luna. My Fossil is far superior to any watch I've had, though battery was better (at the time) on my HW1.

Nope, that makes it better. I'll probably wear the brown leather until it wears out, and swap in a light metal band and still come out cheaper than starting with a metal band. Plus, the ones they come with (same with the Huatch) are overly heavy (for my liking) when combined with the large watch.

Fwiw, I can not live without Barton top grain leather watch bands, been buying different sizes on watches for past 3 years: https://www.amazon.com/Barton-Quick...23011&psd=1&keywords=barton+top+grain+leather

Upvote 0
Yesterday was an adventure setting it up. Mainly it was trying to update ALL THE THINGS simultaneously, was chewing through battery faster than the charger could keep up, getting hot, and trying to continuously apply the latest OTA over an over again and failing because it was already applied once. I was ready to box it up and send it back after the second FDR didn't make it better. But then I set up the Huatch again is its a wear problem, because it was doing the same thing.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
One problem I can't get solved is notifications. I don't know if it is the new Wear, or a quirk with Fossil. I have Notification Preview set to off. On my Huatch, when I got a notification, I would get the vibrate and a small dot on the 6 oclock area. Swipe up and see whatever it was. On the Fossil it ignores this setting and displays the entire email on the screen when it is received.

I'm guessing this is a Wear problem, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
Where are you setting notification preview?

Settings | Apps & Notifications | Notification Previews
screen.png

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
For me it would need to add crazy battery or some other massive improvements, but my needs are few. Look like a watch first, handle notifications well.

All reports are that if *nothing* else new CPU is focusing on battery life. I'd rather get raw performance, as long as I can last a day. (which my Fossil does)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones