1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Which Spare Parts App is original?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Bowslayer, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Bowslayer

Bowslayer Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    I see two Apps of the same name and a few comments in one accusing it of being a rip-off. Which developer is legit?
    Also can you all give me some pointers on settings I should tweak on my unrooted DX. I have a feeling Ill be using the wifes Update when the Bionic finally surfaces so I dont want to root this phone just yet.

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    The one by android apps is the one I use. Also the one a lot of developers include. Other than that not many tweaks to do on an unrooted phone. Why not root it?

3. Bowslayer

Bowslayer Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    To be honest , Im afraid I may screw something up. Im not very tech savvy although I am learning slowly by reading posts on this forum. Im sure I am competent enough to follow directions to root the phone but ..
    not knowledgeable enough to know what to do next.
    I did install the. 588 leak and SBF back to stock and then install the leaked. .596 OTA so I am getting a little bolder.

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    well with the droid x its pretty much impossible to brick it. With a locked bootloader there isn't much we can do. Having the SBF is a fail safe so we can play around but ultimately at the end of the day we know we can get back to stock if need be. kudos on installing the leaks. Next step would be to have root for several apps. Titanium backup, root explorer, droid x overclock to name a few.