1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

which tablet should i choose... so confused

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androiddboy, Aug 24, 2011.

1. androiddboy

androiddboy Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    i am currently an ipad user.

fresh new to android tablet.

my friend just got a hp touchpad for 90 dollars, but telling me it is actually slow and not so good.

considering the price, there is this tablet called "PanDigital "
    only for $85, does it worth to buy
    ?

i just want to have a new try on android tablet...

but if it is not so good, i will maybe consider the acer tablet and the ASUS Eee Pad. their price are close, so not sure which one is worth the money...

thanks !

oh the acer tablet is this Acer Iconia Tab
    Amazon.com: Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic): Electronics

and ausus eee pad

Amazon.com: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Tablet Only): Electronics

Advertisement

2. androiddboy

androiddboy Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2011
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    You'd have to specify your requirements first, as each tablet from Android is different, much more different than an iPad to an iPad 2. There are Android tablets with keyboards, tablets with telephony (SMS and calls), tablets with phones (the tablet's CPU is an android phone which you can take out), tablets with slideout hardware keyboards, 7inch tablets, 10 inch, and 8.9 inch ones...So unless we know what you want from a tablet, we cant really say. Do you want it small or big? Do you want to be able to send sms with it? Do you want a keyboard? And other things. Tell us the combinations of features you'd like it to have, and someone is bound to give a suggestion on which one best fits your needs.

4. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    I quite like my Asus Transformer, a very nice IPS display and now runs 3.2 and the keyboard dock is a nice touch.

The dock almost doubles the battery life, includes track pad, two USB slots(actual usb slots, not micro usb) and another sd card slot for more storage.

Only down side is Gameloft support is non-existant atm

5. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I got the Asus Eee Pad Transformer as well. The reason I choose this was for the keyboard dock. The keyboard dock is really nice. It addition to what Shocky said, I find the keyboard dock really nice as a stand. You can tilt the tablet on the dock at any angle you are most comfortable with. It integrates nicely with the tablet and together closes like a netbook.

I briefly tried another Android tablet when I was shopping around. I think it was the Acer. From what I can remember, I did not notice any significant difference between the Acer and Asus tablets. Both run Android and seem very similar.

I would recommend you go to a store and try them out before deciding.

6. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    I vote transformer: Asus seems to care about their products which to me is worth the pricetag by itself.

7. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    The best selling tablets are going to have the best support. Asus Transformer or Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 (costs more, though)

8. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    In a sense, yes. However, sales don't guarantee quality of support from the manufacturer.

9. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I've used the Asus and own the Acer. I've been a fan of both companies for awhile (I only trust Asus motherboards in my tower PCs).

The differences are small. They have almost exactly the same hardware specs. Seeing how you're looking at the 16GB models, I imagine price is a concern. The Acer has a standard USB port on the tablet itself. The Asus does not (but it has one on the keyboard dock which runs $150 US). The Acer is also a little heavier. Both have Android 3.2 (the Acer just got it, rolling out now).

So it's really boils down to: Do you want long term upgrade ability? Pick the Asus. The keyboard dock is quite nice and adds battery, USB, and a keyboard. But if you just want to buy a cheap keyboard, the Acer can accept any standard USB keyboard and would be cheaper, overall.

Battery life on my Acer is excellent, and I have a roll up keyboard I can plug into it that cost me $5 on Amazon. So, it fits my personal needs. Others will like the Asus because of the dock. It's all up to you and what you need.