• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Text messaging app do you guys use?

This has probably been asked before, but I am looking for an app that will increase the size of the text in the text box when typing an SMS message on the Samsung Galaxy 3 (Apollo), and also increases the size of the text in received SMS messages. This probably entails increasing the size of the text bubble/box that appears in a thread.

I bought and tried 'Font Size (for root users)' but this just increased the size of the font under icons or in menus, but didn't actually alter the size of the text in the typing box when preparing an SMS message.

I have Froyo 2.2 version I5800XXJPF (rooted) with busybox.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
This has probably been asked before, but I am looking for an app that will increase the size of the text in the text box when typing an SMS message on the Samsung Galaxy 3 (Apollo), and also increases the size of the text in received SMS messages. This probably entails increasing the size of the text bubble/box that appears in a thread.

I bought and tried 'Font Size (for root users)' but this just increased the size of the font under icons or in menus, but didn't actually alter the size of the text in the typing box when preparing an SMS message.

I have Froyo 2.2 version I5800XXJPF (rooted) with busybox.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

With Handcent you can adjust your font size in Settings-> Custom Style-> Bubble settings, then adjust your incoming and outgoing font including size

Upvote 0
With Handcent you can adjust your font size in Settings-> Custom Style-> Bubble settings, then adjust your incoming and outgoing font including size

I did try Handcent, which was okay but i just wanted an app that enabled you to alter the size of text in the stock SMS application and box above the stock keyboard. My wife has a Nokia 3110 and is able to adjust the text size on her phone.

Why can't Samsung/Google appreciate that not everyone has 20/20 vision?

Okay I might wear reading glasses to read a newspaper/book, but if I am on the go walking and get a message I want to be able to open the message and read it/respond to it without having to dig my reading glasses out my pocket first!

I did install 'ThickButtons' which helped with typing, but I can't believe Android developers can not emulate Nokia by including a text size adjustment as standard, to help us 'visually challenged' people!

bjlabuk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones