1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which TV box to buy and root

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Freedomheart, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Freedomheart

Freedomheart Lurker

My questions a bit loaded and I don't know what I'm doing, tho in my past experiences I can navigate through stuff pretty well with instructions lol.

I want to purchase a ROOTED TV box from a guy who is selling the boxes already rooted with everything you would need to run it to watch free TV/sports/movies ect and it self updates. He is asking about 250$ for them.

Tho I'm wondering if I can buy a box myself and root it and install all the nessisary apps I'll need to get the full experiance out of it or is this guys deal a really good one?

Which box is the best?
    How do I root it myself?
    And what are the best apps I'll need?

Thank you anyone who is willing to help me out :)

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I would be very careful about using one of these boxes that streams/downloads movies and sports for free(pirated). As someone very recently posted on here about a copyright infringement notice they received from Universal Pictures' attorneys, because they watched Jurassic World illegally with it. And if it was repeated, could end up with a huge fine and/or jail.
    http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/994111/

#2 mikedt, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  3. Freedomheart

Freedomheart Lurker

Oh I didn't know that this would be a no no with the availibility of these boxes and info on rooting. Good to know, thank you.
    Suppose I should stop looking for one now