• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which way to root?? Keeping PRL 1.4

DizzyNT

Lurker
May 18, 2010
So going to root, have 2.1 with first couple OTA updates but am trying to figure out which method to root with

Are there pro/cons to any method??

From what i've read unrevoked isn't a full root, but using something like simpleroot or adb (which i dont understand) will give you full root

So i was going to just use simpleroot, but then read some posts on here and xda developers about using unrevoked 3, then simpleroot to keep a PRI 1.4 for better reception/connection??? anyone know anything about this?

will it mess up stuff to do unrevoked then simpleroot??

should i just use simpleroot??

thanks!

All I can say is SIMPLE ROOT, SEE my signature.

So going to root, have 2.1 with first couple OTA updates but am trying to figure out which method to root with

From what i've read unrevoked isn't a full root, but using something like simpleroot or adb (which i dont understand) will give you full root

So i was going to just use simpleroot, but then read some posts on here and xda developers about using unrevoked 3, then simpleroot to keep a PRI 1.4 for better reception/connection??? anyone know anything about this?

thanks!

Upvote 0

thanks!

Yes, just use simpleroot. It will fully jailbreak your phone. As for the PRI preservation, it's not a big deal, and the devs over at xda are already working on an isolated PRI package that you can flash separately to get you on 1.4. But to be honest, not many people even know about PRI 1.3 vs 1.4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones