• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

While tryin what ROM is best for me, do I...

Do I need to wipe and reset everytime i flash a new rom on? Im currently using Eris Lightning, and I like it. Someone said Alyiosus v12 is pretty badass, and i want to try it. just wonderin if i need to wipe each time, or if i just load it. i searched for an answer, but couldnt really find what i was lookin for. thanks in advance to any help.

Do I need to wipe and reset everytime i flash a new rom on? Im currently using Eris Lightning, and I like it. Someone said Alyiosus v12 is pretty badass, and i want to try it. just wonderin if i need to wipe each time, or if i just load it. i searched for an answer, but couldnt really find what i was lookin for. thanks in advance to any help.

Here was a post by Frisco from earlier today:

Most ROM flashing requires a wipe as a part of the process.

I was gratified to find that not all have that requirement, such as Senseable 3.1, because I'd spent a bit of time getting things the way I like them in Evil Eris 3.

After flashing Senseable 3.1, all of my settings were intact.

[ROM]Sense-able 3.1! OverClock [5/10/10] - xda-developers

Reactions: fightthefiction
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones