1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips White cases turning colors (Innocase)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scrface, Jul 12, 2011.

1. scrface

scrface Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Anybody else having these issues? I bought an innocase 2 white case for my 4g...after a while it turned orangeish...at first I thought it was maybe dirt from my hands but wouldn't clean off...as time went on it got worse and was pretty much like they spray painted an orange case white and was wearing off.

Fast forward...i get the 3d and best buy has a white case like the innocase 2. I buy it and was golden...now today I notice it is turning green...what the hell?!?!?!? Please tell me I'm not the only one

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Odd that the plastic would change color. If it was a metal case, I'd say that green color is the primer showing through. I'd return it, if I were you. And which case is it, specifically?

3. blauw5882

blauw5882 Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    its def not just you, my friend bought a white "platinum" case from best buy and after i bought one for myself i found out that his was turning yellowish...now fast forward a few days and my white case is also turning a orangish-yellow tint...i dont have the receipt but i do have the packaging so i plan to go try and exchange for a black case at best buy.

4. jerofld

None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    So multiple brands? I wonder if the 3vo's heat is changing the color.

5. blauw5882

blauw5882 Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    thats an interesting theory, i hadnt thought about that, but it is definitely plausible. i think i need to get a black one and hopefully the heat changes it white lol

6. jerofld

None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Well, if you're going to replace the white one anyways, why not experiment a little?

Most stores and hobby shops should have some sort of paint that will stick to acrylic. Which is what these cases are most likely made of. Although, I'm not fully sure on that. But some acrylic white paint, a little masking tape, and you have a white case again. If it turns out to look like crap, sand it down and retry. Or discard because you have a replacement.

7. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    I can't say that I'm having that exact issue, but because of your thread I just happened to be outside shortly afterwards, and I noticed that my purple Body Glove case was somewhat transparent. And the underlying color was orange. But in normal indoor lighting, the cover retains it's deep purple color.

Tags: