• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White Droid Incredible

So now I call a Verizon kiosk in a mall (over an hour away), and they initially tell me they can't find the item in their system. Well they must have looked a little harder, because they then tell me that it is available but they would have to order it from a warehouse in Nashville.

However, they are unable to order the item over the phone....so I would have to travel to this mall kiosk to order it. I asked them if there are any other options, and they said I could order it by calling 611 (which I've tried about five times now). I call 611 again, and they insist that they cannot find this anywhere in their system and they have no idea how the kiosk located it.

This is so stupid.

Upvote 0
So now I call a Verizon kiosk in a mall (over an hour away), and they initially tell me they can't find the item in their system. Well they must have looked a little harder, because they then tell me that it is available but they would have to order it from a warehouse in Nashville.

However, they are unable to order the item over the phone....so I would have to travel to this mall kiosk to order it. I asked them if there are any other options, and they said I could order it by calling 611 (which I've tried about five times now). I call 611 again, and they insist that they cannot find this anywhere in their system and they have no idea how the kiosk located it.

This is so stupid.

I ordered and got mine by calling 611. When I called they originally couldn't find it, but then they connected me to technical support, thinking I was trying to order a battery cover because mine was defective or something. The technical support person was able to find it. Many people, including myself, have ordered by calling 611 so we know it can be done.

Upvote 0
You get a 25% discount just for ordering online? Or what is the deal exactly?

I didn't order online. I called *611. then pushed 0, then 0 again. talk to a rep. I gave her the part #. she was mad cool. I got a refurb coming too. I asked if she could do a discount and she said she could do a 25% factory discount. came out to $20.05 altogether.

Upvote 0

This is so stupid.

I do apologize for your troubles and don't understand them. I had no problems. I called the first lady for a refurb and told me to bring it to a store to get "eyes" on it. I immediately hung up and called right back, and got the coolest chick ever. she even offered me a new phone, shes like you have an upgrade on another line. but any way i got the refrub and she found the battery cover when i gave her the part # she couldn't find it without it. and they will give you the discount no matter what just ask.

Upvote 0
Can anyone with the White Back battery door, give me a few details as I have mine arriving on Monday.

1) How does it compare with the original. It looks exactly Identical aside from the fact that the white is smooth.
2) Does it feel any lighter or cheaper than original.
3) I ordered it just because it looks real sexy, I use a case all the time and won't really be able to see it. But I'm just curious how it holds up.

Upvote 0
I ordered actually the white back as well as the red back. I know Im crazy but now I can switch from black to white to red. Love my Incredible! I can change every so often. White is awsome but red is also pretty awsome. I called 611 and gave them these skus VZW6300DORW is for the white and VZW6300DORR is for the red. At first he couldn't find them but than I told him that maybe the o after the d is really zero instead of the letter o. He did a few things but he did find it. I hope the skus help anyone that wants one.

Eric

Upvote 0
No need to apologize at all. I appreciate the help.

I called HTC and they said they know nothing about this too. It's just a really strange situation. The only place that has been any help has been the Verizon kiosk in the mall.

Both red and white covers are on the website...
http://www.shopamerica.htc.com/accessories/productdetail.htm?prId=37711http://www.shopamerica.htc.com/accessories/productdetail.htm?prId=37711
http://www.shopamerica.htc.com/accessories/productdetail.htm?prId=37710

Upvote 0
I got my white backing and its a bit lose on one side. When i hold the phone while on a call i feel it move around a little. Is anyone else having this problem? Also with my hard silicon case on there is a stick mark on back :-( has anyone has luck with a hard rubber case not doing that? Thanks.

I also ordered the white back door recently. I have ALWAYS noticed a creek and it drives me nuts, I almost bought the 1500mAh battery just to fix this.. but I figured this would help. and it didn't creek like the old back door, but a week later I def feel how loose it is on the vol button side. and it creeks now, even with a Verizon silicone case. kinda pissed. if i take it to a store they will laugh, and idk if *611 will give me a free back door.. not that that would even do anything for more than a week. I just spent $20.05 on this sexy white door that i never get to see cos of the case and now its creeking. ohhh man. this incredible is turning into a incrapible.

Upvote 0
I also ordered the white back door recently. I have ALWAYS noticed a creek and it drives me nuts, I almost bought the 1500mAh battery just to fix this.. but I figured this would help. and it didn't creek like the old back door, but a week later I def feel how loose it is on the vol button side. and it creeks now, even with a Verizon silicone case. kinda pissed. if i take it to a store they will laugh, and idk if *611 will give me a free back door.. not that that would even do anything for more than a week. I just spent $20.05 on this sexy white door that i never get to see cos of the case and now its creeking. ohhh man. this incredible is turning into a incrapible.

Exactly! I could understand if it was $10 but I paid $27 with tax for a piece of plastic that creaks and moves around when I hold my phone. I wanted to get an idea of how many people this is happening to before I make a call about an exchange. The door that came with my phone doesn't do this at all.

Upvote 0
Exactly! I could understand if it was $10 but I paid $27 with tax for a piece of plastic that creaks and moves around when I hold my phone. I wanted to get an idea of how many people this is happening to before I make a call about an exchange. The door that came with my phone doesn't do this at all.

DAMN $27 with tax, why didn't you ask for a discount! She gave me 25% I couldn't believe it. I'm considering calling back and saying it doesn't fit right as well..

Upvote 0
Okay, now you guys made me spend some money :)

I ran across the white half case seen below, but notice that it's on top of a red battery back. I really dig the three-tone look, so I ordered it ($2) and a red back ($20) off eBay from China.

(Click on the attached pic to see it larger.)

Attachments

• incredible_red.jpg
    incredible_red.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Okay, now you guys made me spend some money :)

I ran across the white half case seen below, but notice that it's on top of a red battery back. I really dig the three-tone look, so I ordered it ($2) and a red back ($20) off eBay from China.

(Click on the attached pic to see it larger.)

Could you please provide a link?
It looks a lot like Case-Mate's Barely There Case, but not exactly & it's not in white

I couldn't find it online anywhere, but I did find these which I thought were pretty unique:
Amzer TPU Hybrid Case - White For HTC, HTC DROID Incredible PB31200 - Fommy.com
Amzer TPU Hybrid Case - Red For HTC, HTC DROID Incredible PB31200 - Fommy.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones