1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General White "flashes" in application when built out for Gear VR

Discussion in 'Samsung Gear VR' started by Sherlock_VP, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Sherlock_VP

Sherlock_VP Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2017
    I have a project in which I am encountering white flashes while running the application. These white flashes are momentary and rarely happen in quick succession. They also only happen when it's built out and do not appear at the same times across multiple test runs of the application. I've tried several methods of triggering the flashes such as looking into bright areas of a scene and moving the camera rapidly, but this appears to have no consistent relationship with the problem.

I have tried building out to multiple devices (Samsung S6 and S7) and the problem occurs consistently. Furthermore, there is no sign of these flashes when played within the Unity Editor itself (I'm using Unity 5.6). I have searched high and low for anecdotes of people having similar issues and the closest thing I could find refers to 'flickering' as a result of a low refresh rate due to low persistence mode, but the problem I'm having doesn't seem to be the same and hasn't led to a fix.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this and/or have suggestions as to how to identify the cause or better yet fix it?

Advertisement