1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support White screen after system update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Morrigan69, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Morrigan69

Morrigan69 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF
    HBOOT-6.98.2000 (PG8810000)
    RADIO-3822.10.08.04_M
    eMMC-boot

Android 2.3.3
    Stock ROM

I just clicked to do system update when it offered me (didn't know it would soft brick it if it's just S-OFF (revolutionary), since I didn't do anything else).
    I really searched everywhere to fix this but I am not really familiar with choosing the exact software (version) I need and don't wanna kill it even more.. :D I am still new do this so a step by step tut would be great. Thanks in advanced!

P.S. Only wiping cache and factory reset didn't work, of course... :rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. FoX777

FoX777 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Never and I mean never try an ota with a modified phone, in your case hboot and recovery.

By the looks of it you ran revolutionary, then you flashed a eng hboot 0.98.2000

So is your phone branded or not? Try run the latest RUU to get back to stock, you will forfeit s-off and your custom recovery.

Morrigan69 likes this.
  3. Morrigan69

Morrigan69 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    It's not branded. I've tried with installing official RUU Saga and installation took long process and seemed like it will succeed but at the end I got "bootloader version error"

Well, I guess you mostly learn on your mistakes but I really hope that this mistake won't cost me so much, since I have the phone for few days only.. Help ppl :D

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    @Morrigan69

Can you get to the HBoot screen? If so, can you select and use the recovery option?

If you can't access the HBoot screen, then follow Section 2 of FoX777's Guide.

You'll need to download and install adb and Fastboot to your PC. See here for the link to download the tools, as well as more about adb and Fastboot, how it's set it up and connects to your phone.

Solving your problem is going to be down to trial, error and a bit of luck. And even then you might not be successful.

Morrigan69 likes this.
  5. Morrigan69

Morrigan69 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, but I can't use the recovery option cuz I get a error and then it just reboots (had this problem also before but didn't have time to fix it lol). Since the phone is few days old only I'll try to go for warranty, and if that doesn't succeed I'll try that... But I really hope it will...
    Hm, and I've already installed that tools but didn't find the right way to use it to fix my problem :/

Tags: